The Student Room Group

The title 'Boyfriend And Girlfriend'- why does it weird me out

I dont even know if it weirds me out. But it seems too offical for me?- I dont think I like being offical, I kind of like being in between.

If you dont like titles either tell me why? help me figure out my thoughts? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't like your thread title but you don't see me complaining. :dontknow:

But seriously, why does it weird you out?
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
I don't like your thread title but you don't see me complaining. :dontknow:

But seriously, why does it weird you out?

I dont why, that's why I made this thread. Durr!!!! haha.
Someone asked me out, but I like what we have. It;s not offical but..it's something. :s-smilie:
Because you've never had a bf?
Because you're a nutter?
Reply 6
You seem young and not really ready for serious relationships. Otherwise you might not have felt the need to post this topic. By the way, the label of "boyfriend/girlfriend" does not mean that you are promised to marry the other down the road. Just enjoy his company and don't worry about giving it a label and if it does not work out, not the end of world. If you are young, you have plenty of time before you need to think of long term relationships.
Reply 7
maybe you aint sure of your sexuality yet and may have feelings for men. try dating men and see how you feel
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Because you've never had a bf?

I have but I have been dating. I like getting to know someone,like the first stage, I like that stage...its more fun, and then when it gets offical it's blah.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm bored... make me a sandwhich.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by xobeauty

I have but I have been dating. I like getting to know someone you the like the first stage I like that stage...its more fun, and then when it gets offical it's blah.

Well, sorry to say this but that thing can't be like that forever. At some point of the relationship you have to take it to the next level.
Original post by Zebracolors
You seem young and not really ready for serious relationships. Otherwise you might not have felt the need to post this topic. By the way, the label of "boyfriend/girlfriend" does not mean that you are promised to marry the other down the road. Just enjoy his company and don't worry about giving it a label and if it does not work out, not the end of world. If you are young, you have plenty of time before you need to think of long term relationships.

At what age should one start thinking about long term relationships??
ill be 19 soon.
Original post by Rob da Mop
Because you're a nutter?

Am I???
Is girlfriend and girlfriend better?
I don't like being labeled like that because I haven't met a woman who can tame me :colonhash:
At what age should one start thinking about long term relationships??
ill be 19 soon.

In theory one never really needs to think about long term relationships if they don't want. Its only when you think about when in your life you might want to settle down with a man and perhaps start a family, as when you need to worry about that. And that can only be decided by you. Of course life can sometimes have a way of surprising us so be careful.

And by "worry" I don't mean exhaust yourself trying to catch a man just for that that :smile: The decision to do that may come in time or it may not with the person you're with at the time. For now, let yourself have fun. Most people around 19-20+ are not concerned with LTRs. Hope this helps.:smile:
This sucks balls.
I dont even know if it weirds me out. But it seems too offical for me?- I dont think I like being offical, I kind of like being in between.

If you dont like titles either tell me why? help me figure out my thoughts? :s-smilie:

Well, firstly, the statement is not only heteronormative, but demands that such thing as a gender exists. Secondly, it necessitates some sort of formalized commitment. As a previous poster said (in a rather ageist, unintentionally derogatory manner), maybe you don't want to be bound to another person? Maybe you're disillusioned by the popularized (and, in my opinion, antiquated) notion of love or attached endearment as life's expected goal?

It sets unnecessary pressure on you as an individual. If you want to officialize your relations with this particular individual, then do so, but you should not feel pressured to not do so, or perceive your relations as "not committed" (that is, 'slag-ish') - it's completely acceptable to be frustrated with societal constructs and reject conforming to normative behavior.
Why does it weird you out??? Do you want to maintain multiple relationships instead of 1???
Once your offically in a relationship, the mood changes and it's too serious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending