The Student Room Group

Is hitting the snooze button bad?

Ive read a few articles saying that it is, can anyone shed some light on the subject? Science people or people who know these things? Thanks :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guess it depends on how many times you push the button.
Reply 2
Litreally just pressed it. **** this 9am lecture. I wanna go home.
Reply 3
The Daily Mail once did an article about it and it stated that if you do hit the snooze button it could potentially cause cancer. So I wouldn't risk it. They also stated that waking up at all could increase the risk of cancer or even being alive. So I recommend that you kill your self now and therefore eliminate the risk of cancer!
Reply 4
Original post by high
the daily mail once did an article about it and it stated that if you do hit the snooze button it could potentially cause cancer. So i wouldn't risk it. They also stated that waking up at all could increase the risk of cancer or even being alive. So i recommend that you kill your self now and therefore eliminate the risk of cancer!

omgdz daily mail we're all gna get aidz n dieeeee
I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it, i rape that snooze button all morning and I'm still standing:colonhash:
Reply 6
Original post by rawwwwr!
omgdz daily mail we're all gna get aidz n dieeeee

Recent research (according to the daily mail) is that the only thing that could save you from aids and cancer is to read the daily mail.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's a sign of a lack of self control (because you went to bed too late and are therefore tired) and a lack of strength of will (because you're not getting right up). So don't press it and be a better person :smile:
Reply 8
Gets a tiny bit addictive...once you've started you can't stop. :frown:
Reply 9
Snooze = sleep and sleep is never bad. Well, not unless you're in a coma. I guess it gets a little boring then.

So unless you press it enough that you're essentially in a coma then it's not bad :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Yeah, you annoy your neighbours :tongue:
Reply 11
It means you get up later.
Original post by Iorek
Yeah, you annoy your neighbours :tongue:

You're neighbours can hear your alarm?! :lolwut:

Wow.... must be pretty damn loud.
I guess it depend on what your snooze button is made of. If there's a blade sticking up there then I would say hitting the snooze button could cause some damage.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
It's a sign of a lack of self control (because you went to bed too late and are therefore tired) and a lack of strength of will (because you're not getting right up). So don't press it and be a better person :smile:

I agree with this :yep:

Though, I'd also say that's it's only really bad if it makes you late for something. Otherwise, if you really are that tired and don't particularly need to be up that early for something, then feel free to snooze away :moon:
Reply 15
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I agree with this :yep:

Though, I'd also say that's it's only really bad if it makes you late for something. Otherwise, if you really are that tired and don't particularly need to be up that early for something, then feel free to snooze away :moon:

This

/Thread

:wink:
Oh whatever. If you're getting enough sleep at night and just have trouble with that initial wake-up, I don't see a problem with hearing the alarm a few times before getting out of bed. I do this but I set the alarm early enough so that by the time I actually DO get up, I'm not lethargic and I don't feel like **** in the morning. It's not a big deal.
No it's not bad. What's annoying is waking up unexpectedly 5-10 minutes earlier before your alarm starts ringing. :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Original post by spazman21
You're neighbours can hear your alarm?! :lolwut:

Wow.... must be pretty damn loud.

You've never lived in a student accommodation flat before? :biggrin:

You can even hear their bed creaking :tongue:
Reply 19
it's a necessity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending