The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by *Lollo*
What's important to me in a 'casual' relation is to keep things honest. I'd never give a guy the impression that I have feelings for him when I don't. And I expect the same from them. All it takes, is to say "so this is just sex, right?", don't be cuddly and all that if it's only to give her ideas. Be straight.

I am at the moment looking for my next love :redface: So difficult to find, and I don't mind a fling in the meantime, but i definitely am out there looking for someone to get serious with. Will hopefully make me forget about this guy. If I meet someone else and have to end the thing we have permanently, maybe I will see how he actually feels about me.

Sex is intimate, and when you are that close to somebody again and again, you would end up developing some feelings for them whether you want it or not. That's why it doesn't matter if you are honest to the other person and the other around. The most important is:"are you being honest to yourself"? Now that you feel some jealousy about the guy mentioned, thinking about him touching other girls the way he does to you, proves what I'm saying. You can cheat everybody about how you feel except yourself :unsure:.

And you should also keep in mind that the loving guy you are looking for, may not be happy to hear about your conduct. That is also one thing you should consider! :rolleyes:
Reply 41
Original post by alijimi
Sex is intimate, and when you are that close to somebody again and again, you would end up developing some feelings for them whether you want it or not. That's why it doesn't matter if you are honest to the other person and the other around. The most important is:"are you being honest to yourself"? Now that you feel some jealousy about the guy mentioned, thinking about him touching other girls the way he does to you, proves what I'm saying. You can cheat everybody about how you feel except yourself :unsure:.

And you should also keep in mind that the loving guy you are looking for, may not be happy to hear about your conduct. That is also one thing you should consider! :rolleyes:

I don't understand what you're saying. As if sleeping with this guy will make it difficult to get something serious with another? One has nothing to do with the other.
I've never cried after a rejection. I have cried after being dumped, though. Never again. I'm older and wiser and more thick-skinned now.
i did
In year 6 I fancied the pants out of this guy, and I told him. He said no, and held hands with this really pretty girl in front of me. I was devastated. I hated boys for ages after that, and then in year 9 it happened again, so then I became lesbian. lol, not really-well that much... But I gave up on guys and found that I had more things in common with the ladies :wink: . Lol. :smile:
Never , I don't cry about guys. There's always someone else, it happens to everyone.
I had my heart broken in the most extreme way possible. After traveling 5000 miles to see her (to go on a holiday I'd paid for us both), she admitted she was with another man, one twice my age - rich. I cried so much in that hotel room. I lost my baby in the worst way possible.

She went on holiday with him instead, 2 days later.
Original post by help me decide
I had my heart broken in the most extreme way possible. After traveling 5000 miles to see her (to go on a holiday I'd paid for us both), she admitted she was with another man, one twice my age - rich. I cried so much in that hotel room. I lost my baby in the worst way possible.

She went on holiday with him instead, 2 days later.

Geez man, that is a horrible way to be treated. Women can be heartless bitches sometimes. There must've been reasons for her wanting to break up with you, though, i.e. she wasn't satisfied in the relationship etc, but even so, that was a horrible thing for her to do. She could've broken up with you beforehand, so you didn't have to waste all that money on the holiday and travelling to see her.
Original post by Raving_Hippy
Geez man, that is a horrible way to be treated. Women can be heartless bitches sometimes. There must've been reasons for her wanting to break up with you, though, i.e. she wasn't satisfied in the relationship etc, but even so, that was a horrible thing for her to do. She could've broken up with you beforehand, so you didn't have to waste all that money on the holiday and travelling to see her.

Yeah it really destroyed me. The reason was she was a little older, and needed a 'stable life'. And it would have been another 6 months before I could move out to be with her. Still, no excuse to cheat on me the way she did.

I tired to say goodbye to her before on several occasions but she'd always ring me and say she still wanted me to come and see her. She didn't think I knew about this older guy so she thought she could make other excuses. Evil.

But I can't seem to hate her and still miss her. It's hard to comprehend that I'll never speak to, or see her again.
Reply 49
I have never cried, and I have only been rejected once. I guess I wasn't that attached before I was rejected.

I did cry when I broke up with my (ex)boyfriend of 16 months last year, even though it was me doing the breaking up.

Latest

Trending

Trending