The Student Room Group

medical admission help...???

I got rejections for medicine application but i really want to go to medicine...what will be the best course of action...what should i do....Are there any courses other than biomedical which can guranteedly lead me towards medicine...???plz
Original post by dgr8888
.Are there any courses other than biomedical which can guranteedly lead me towards medicine...???plz

Nothing guarantees you entry into a medicine course.
Reply 2
There are a number of different routes to medicine if you have been rejected onto the undergraduate course. Unfortunately if you are looking for a course that will allow you to transfer to medicine (biomedical science or not), most medical schools don’t accept transfers. There are a few schools that reserve places for applicants on a related course who want to transfer, but these are extremely competitive, rare and exclusive to transfers within that institution. If you are instead looking for a course that will stand you in good stead for graduate entry programmes, many of these programmes will only accept applicants with degrees in the life or health sciences. However, those at Wales, Newcastle, Cambridge, Nottingham and St George’s consider applicants from any discipline. You could try and get the best of both worlds and apply for a biomedical sciences course at a University that accepts transfers onto Medicine and then take the graduate route if this fails. Alternatively, you could consider taking a year long Access to Medicine course. These are offered by City College (Norwich), Manchester College of Arts and Technology, College of West Anglia and Sussex Downs College. Not all medical school accept this qualification but the course at West Anglia is more often accepted.
Reply 3
Hello Sir

You seem to have alot of knowledge about admission coures..
can you please let me know wether I might be considered for medicine course, weather 5 or 6 year course.?

I have
C in GCSE english
B in GCSE math
D in A level biology
D in A level math
C in Alevel chemistry

and I will complete a Bsc in chemistry next year and may even do another year to complete a masters deegree in chemistry?

DO I have a chance if I apply for a medicine course in any universities?
if so which university might be a good uni ti apply to ?

If my qualifications arn;t good enough, what are the options?
Reply 4
Almost all graduate entry medicine courses will require you to achieve a 2:1 or 1st in your degree, with Nottingham and St George's being a couple of exceptions (they will accept a 2:2 in any discipline). If you are not going to achieve these grades your application scope will be very limited. In addition to this, a few courses will not accept a Chemistry graduate, for example Birmingham and Imperial. After you have accounted for these conditions there are also a number of courses that require Biology at A level, including Barts and Liverpool. You may want to check whether they would accept an application with a D in this subject. It is worth noting that you will need to have shown extremely good progress since your A levels as they are very weak for a medicine application. If this is not the case, it may be that medicine isn't for you. If you're dedicated to studying medicine despite this however, there is always the option of the access to medicine courses mentioned in the previous answer.
Reply 5
Original post by OU.
There are a number of different routes to medicine if you have been rejected onto the undergraduate course. Unfortunately if you are looking for a course that will allow you to transfer to medicine (biomedical science or not), most medical schools don’t accept transfers. There are a few schools that reserve places for applicants on a related course who want to transfer, but these are extremely competitive, rare and exclusive to transfers within that institution. If you are instead looking for a course that will stand you in good stead for graduate entry programmes, many of these programmes will only accept applicants with degrees in the life or health sciences. However, those at Wales, Newcastle, Cambridge, Nottingham and St George’s consider applicants from any discipline. You could try and get the best of both worlds and apply for a biomedical sciences course at a University that accepts transfers onto Medicine and then take the graduate route if this fails. Alternatively, you could consider taking a year long Access to Medicine course. These are offered by City College (Norwich), Manchester College of Arts and Technology, College of West Anglia and Sussex Downs College. Not all medical school accept this qualification but the course at West Anglia is more often accepted.

oh u look so helpful but I got an offer from Kingston.....:frown:....but they cant transfer it to medicine because they don't have the medicine course....can u please give me any suggestion about the university and also tell me in which year they normally accept transfer.....plzzzzz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending