The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend

Im 18 and start uni in September and I've never had a boyfriend? This can't be normal? Im not fat or have anything repellent on me (lol) so I don't know why... :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Seriously, why can't it be normal? You just haven't met the right person yet. Calm down, it will happen but don't stress about it so much.
Reply 2
Course it's normal! Site back and let the god times roll at university. In my view, just because you have not had a bf in College means nothing! Have fun at university :-)
it's more normal than you think y'know. it's just that people don't usually talk about it.
i have just wasted 1 min of my life ?? i hate you .
Until uni and TSR I genuinely thought that was fairly normal to have never had a boy/girl friend at 18, I didn't think there was anything wrong by that. Still don't, what percentage of teenage relationships actually end up lasting? Quite a small amount I would think.

In short don't worry about it. If you are insecure about it you don't even have to tell other people that you haven't.
i've seen so many threads on here just tonight like this, which I think shows it's a lot more common than you think.
stop worrying.
You're too picky. Simplez
Reply 9
I was in the same position when I started uni. In fact, out of eight of us in our flat, 6 had never had a boyfriend/girlfriend. You find that at uni, some people will have had a lot of experience, and others will have none. Don't worry about, just keep a positive attitude and you'll meet the right person eventually! :smile:
stop worrying...my sister hadn't had any bfs at 18 and I had. She met a guy at 20 and was engaged just before she turned 22 and got married at 24. I however, am nearly 23 and not engaged.

You meet the right person when you meet them. Personally I would of prefered kissing less frogs!
I don't get why it can't be normal. I'm in the same boat as you, 18, going to Uni in Sept, and have never had a bf.

But big deal, just enjoy life, I'm sure you'll meet a guy in Uni, one that won't care about silly little things like if you've ever dated before or not! You're still young, you've got years left before you should start worrying. Just chillax! :smile:.
Reply 12
wow big deal you should get a medal
Reply 13
having a boyfriend isn't everything
Reply 14
i can be your bf
Obviously it's normal. Why do you need to ask?
Reply 16
Take things at your own pace, love!
Reply 17
No. it's not abnormal- I don't understand why some see it like that. seriously!! :s-smilie:

Many persons I know never had a boyfriend before 18 and it doesn't even bother them.
Sometimes i think it's the last things on their minds because they know they'll eventually find someone
that they'll truly love.... What's the rush?!!!!

Just enjoy life in the meantime. It's often a waste to worry about these things now.
Reply 18
Original post by Whatever9999
i have just wasted 1 min of my life ?? i hate you .

i took you a minute to read that? :lolwut:
OP, don't worry about it. It's totally normal and will come in due time :smile:
Its no big deal, as others have said.

Unless you desperately want a boyfriend, but you don't sound to me like you do, you're just worried about what other people will think about you.

Spend some time thinking about what you really want out of life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending