The Student Room Group

What makes a girl intimidating?? :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Her talking too much, not really as initimidating as much as being unapproachable
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Glad I could help :wink: Invoice for psychological counselling is in the mail lol

If it's a bad thing depends on your standpoint. Most 'normal' men do not like these traits in women, as they can be quite intimidating, and they prefer more 'toned-down', feminine women. Equally strong/dominant men might enjoy seeing themselves being mirrored by you, but in a relation there would be a lot of friction. Often strong women end up with wussies, who they can boss around - and usually the guys don't even mind; those relationships actually work lol
In career terms, these traits are absolutely fantastic. People will take you more seriously, listen more closely, and you will more likely get your way.

I would take issue in your "most normal men" ;-) Most teenagers/younger men? Maybe. But by the time you're talking long-term adult relationships most people (male AND female) have realised that it takes equality to make things work long-term. Having a relationship with someone who is "toned-down" to the point they are uncomfortable asserting themselves to their actual partner? Misery-making, to both parties. The quieter partner feels bossed, and quite often reacts passive-aggressively. Might have worked 70 years ago, not so much now.
Reply 42
Boys cooties..... ewww
If they have a penis in-between their legs.
Reply 44
- Being taller than me
- Being socially dominant
- Being really hot
- Being a virgin
- Being sexually experienced
- Being rich
- Being smart
- Being posh
- Being famous
Original post by Millyshyn
There was one guy that once told me it was scary that I listen to really heavy metal music. I guess that counts as intimidating?

Severely. I bet people run like scared mice when they see you in your favourite Gorgoroth t-shirt.
Reply 46
I've been told I'm quite intimidating because I can be quite loud, and I tell people what I think.
I also like to be in charge.. *shrugs* Its because I'm short... :L
Girls has a guy ever been intimidated by you before?
apparently when he initially met me, yes.

Have you found out later on or by a friend that a guy liked you even though they never told you.
i found out that he (same guy mentioned in previous question/response) was happy to be more friendly/more frequently talking to after he got to know me bit better (we play pokemon during lunchbreak at work, ehehe) ;D this is what he tells me personally,not through confiding in someone else.

.........however i did not accept this request - because i wanted more than just this!
MOAR!

.........i persuaded him to become boyfriend ;DDDDD
Reply 48
Women in general are intimidating, their existence just scares me.
Original post by 69Crazyfists
Don't spout ****.

An average guy sees a stunning girl and thinks 'She could get anyone she wants, so why would I stand a chance?'

Really, it's all in the mindset. If you think you're God's gift to women (even if you aren't) then you won't be intimidated and similarly if you have low self-esteem (even if you are good looking) then you will be. It's quite straightforward. I fall into the category of people with low self-esteem...

Doesn't mean she won't have anything in common with you.:redface:
Original post by Veldrin
Women in general are intimidating, their existence just scares me.

Really? why?:confused:
Original post by Anonymous
The girl I like at work intimidates me by being able to speak to everyone else with relative ease but not being able to speak a word except for 'thanks' or 'sorry' to me as we pass by.

Maybe that's a sign that she likes you :redface: I do that with the guy I like I'm ok with other people but the guy I like I become really shy and worried I'll say something stupid. :colondollar:
Original post by steve collins
A blood-stained axe and an insane glint in her eye

changing the subject

:rofl: Your pic of that guy I saw it on youtube
"Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your kids, hide your wife and hide your husband because they are raping up everyone here"

I find that the most funniest video so far on youtube.

Edit for those who don't know what we are talking about link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKsVSBhSwJg
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 53
Well to be honest, I heard the Japan Tsunami was caused by a size 32 woman jumping on the beach.

To me, that's pretty intimidating.
Original post by Arekkusu
- Being taller than me
- Being socially dominant
- Being really hot
- Being a virgin
- Being sexually experienced
- Being rich
- Being smart
- Being posh
- Being famous

Why is that intimidating? :lolwut:
Reply 55
Original post by ForeverGolden
Why is that intimidating? :lolwut:

Unrealistic expectations, tends to be passive or uptight sexually.
Original post by ForeverGolden
changing the subject

:rofl: Your pic of that guy I saw it on youtube
"Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your kids, hide your wife and hide your husband because they are raping up everyone here"

I find that the most funniest video so far on youtube.

ahahaaa. i love that video!
that man is amazing.
i thought i would let you know because i have reached my limit on likes :frown:
Original post by Arekkusu
Unrealistic expectations, tends to be passive or uptight sexually.

Why do people think that virgins are innocent and are stupid. They don't all think it's fireworks and rose petals I know horny ones with a naughty side to them.
But I guess those are the quiet ones.:tongue:
Original post by zingyjelly
ahahaaa. i love that video!
that man is amazing.
i thought i would let you know because i have reached my limit on likes :frown:

Edit ""We gonna find you home boy home home home boy""
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
I'm considered 'intimidating' by some boys. But I'm okay with that, as I don't date little boys, I'm more interested in men. :sexface:

Why I'm intimidating:
I have a very dominant persona
I'm extremely outgoing and confident
I'm quite intelligent which puts some morons off
I'm relatively high maintenance
I have ridiculously high standards
I go for men who are older than me
I'm extremely strong willed

Ah well, being 'intimidating' weeds out the pussies. :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending