The Student Room Group

Girlfriends parents are fat and it makes me feel awkward..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
OP sounds like a douche. That is all.
Reply 81
Original post by Instincts_2012
The troll has victimised you.

Don't listen to this guy.

Original post by wactm
OP sounds like a douche. That is all.

Why?
Original post by Anonymous

Why?

Tbh, I won't be surprised if you make another thread in the future crying about your girlfriend breaking up with you.

I'd bitch slap my partner if this happened:

"I'm going to keep her slim seen as i'm a personal trainer and monitor all of her macronutrients and exercise regime for her."
(edited 12 years ago)
My girlfriend is slightly overweight, but nothing serious. However, her parents are morbidly obese according to my BMI guesstimate and don't care about their health and general wellbeing at all (just eat junk and drink lots) this is the complete opposite of myself as I take pride in my appearance, health and fitness and am well built. I'm also a qualified personal trainer which I do part time as I really enjoy it, alongside my main job. They know all about this. Isn't this just too much of a barrier between me and her parents?

They also seem very fatalistic and stuck in dead end jobs and extremely pessimistic which is the complete opposite of me. According to my g.f I earn way over what her parents earn put together and I think they know this judging by my lifestyle, house and car etc....

I wish her parent's never knew all this, but my girlfriend told them....

Seems like there is so many things they may be jealous of..

Do you think I could have a decent relationship with parents who seem the complete opposite of me?

pics or gtfo
Reply 84
Original post by Instincts_2012
Tbh, I won't be surprised if you make another thread in the future crying about your girlfriend breaking up with you.

I'd bitch slap my partner if this happened:

"I'm going to keep her slim seen as i'm a personal trainer and monitor all of her macronutrients and exercise regime for her."

She asked me to help her. If she didn't want me to i'd stop straight away. It's not like I tie her down with fitness bands, and put dumbbells on her feet so she can't move if she eats too many macronutrients and doesn't attend the gym.....
Why on earth would they be jealous of you? It sounds like they are more likely to think you are too shallow and too much of an arrogant ***** to have any sort of adult relationship with their daughter.
Reply 86

Why?

naaah lol.. too many people on here comment harshly and make everyone out to be a terrible person.. i mean i look down on anyone i know who smokes and drinks.. but thats just coz it's unhealthy, not cos im a biatch
Reply 87
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
Why on earth would they be jealous of you? It sounds like they are more likely to think you are too shallow and too much of an arrogant ***** to have any sort of adult relationship with their daughter.

U GOT THE GOODS? DO YOU NOT. GURL HAS GOT SOME NIICE COMMENTS! u go go gurl im ratin u up!
p.s if ur free, my show needs a guest if u know what i am sayin!
Grow up.
Reply 89
Original post by siwelmail
pics or gtfo

If i'm anon do you think I would put a picture up?
If i'm anon do you think I would put a picture up?

yes
Reply 91
Original post by siwelmail
yes

Well you're wrong!
Reply 92
Unless you two and the parents are really open minded and end up in a fourway together, you should have no problem. They welcome you into thier home and family so at least give them some respect and gratitude. I am sure there are some things that piss em off about you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending