The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oHellno
LOL, I wouldn't even try to cut that down. Just write the whole thing again.

Thankfully someone else reviewed it but yeah.. whole paragraphs had to be cut :erm:
Original post by Nator
Really am just ordinary at it :smile:

Oh right I see, same happened to me with Cambridge and Imperial :facepalm: And haha I see :laugh: And yeah was pretty good thanks, if you have the prospectus it was more or less the same, just talking about the years, the life etc. :smile:

Lol yeah same with Imperial too, I've only been to UCL so far :redface: Will probably just go on a campus tour of Imperial and Kings at some point though.

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Thankfully someone else reviewed it but yeah.. whole paragraphs had to be cut :erm:

I'm not surprised. I was like 10 lines over and I cut out chunks of paragraphs. I feel bad for them, they must have talked about everything they did :sad:
Reply 6182
Original post by oHellno
Lol yeah same with Imperial too, I've only been to UCL so far :redface: Will probably just go on a campus tour of Imperial and Kings at some point though.

So annoying they got fully booked so fast lol, and yeah been there was nice :smile: And yeah will probably do the same for Imperial :smile:
Just submitted my PS to the helpers, my college is a bit pants and think anything you do is wonderful... so, getting it checked by someone who isn't afraid to tell me it's pants!!

In other news, I am somewhat relieved to see I'm not the only person struggling with UKCAT....

I'm off teaching for a week so catch you later!! Good luck everyone who's taking UKCAT this week!!

(ps- 25 days til results :smile: )
xxx
Reply 6184
Wtf? I got 11/14 on DA for code 4 (600 ukcat book), but I got 16/26 in the mock. :lolwut:
Reply 6185
Saw one recently that was 3000 characters over :indiff:

You aren't the only one trust me :noway:

Original post by cz100
I'm having plenty of trouble with the character limit :angry:

Original post by oHellno
Lol no. I can't get it to the right limit, I've cut out/rephrased so much, still 90 characters over though!

PHEW! It's got me going crazy... I mean it sounds so good a few characters over... and medecine doesn't help cause all the hospital department names are longer than the average word. I'm over the limit and I still havn't put in ALL of my work experiences! :erm:

Going away to Switz today... good luck with the UKCAT exam guys x
Original post by Ronove
Guess I can post here since I've decided to apply this year instead of waiting for next year :smile:

GH, do you happen to know whether Wolfson, Hughes Hall and Lucy Cav all require A2 Chem and two further maths/science AS levels? There was some suggestion that BMAT could be offered instead for graduate entrants but I really have no idea anymore since I can't find anything suggesting as much now.

You need Chemistry A2 for Lucy. I would e-mail them as it is quite vague but I think the BMAT is if you don't meet GCSE requirements. :smile:
Reply 6187
Original post by Saffron
Am I the only one having trouble with the character limit?? :confused:

Nah I am like 11 characters over. But I have not put in a paragrpah for my academic interests in neurobiology: I don't think I can add that in anymore or I will have to redraft anything. I am on my 4th draft and this process is getting so time-consuming and not fun. :frown:
Original post by apple17
Nah I am like 11 characters over. But I have not put in a paragrpah for my academic interests in neurobiology: I don't think I can add that in anymore or I will have to redraft anything. I am on my 4th draft and this process is getting so time-consuming and not fun. :frown:

It's never fun! I think I had 14 or 15 drafts and many people have even more than that. Keep going at it!
I need to submit my PS in the Helper bit. I'm scared :erm: lol
Original post by oHellno

Psssh, don't be scared xD that's what it's there for! :tongue:

If not do the old favourite "So I have this friend who....." BS. :wink:
Reply 6191
Original post by oHellno

Haha don't worry! They are awesome, my PS helper is simply awesome and they are really critical and may rip it to bits but it is better to know your mistakes rather than being scared and submitting something you think is good. I thought my first draft was awesome, but I am on my 4th draft now and its still not awesome. :smile:
I just sent mine in turns almost every sentence was crap. Lol. Attemp 2 here we go.
whats the PS helper or is it someone at your college. I have an opening paragraph and a closing one but i havent got much further than that :frown:
Original post by atlashands
whats the PS helper or is it someone at your college. I have an opening paragraph and a closing one but i havent got much further than that :frown:

It is part of this site where you submit your PS and they take it apart and add comments on how you can improve it and make it better.
Reply 6195

Here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=240

Also check out the wikis for useful tips on writing a personal statement:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Advice_for_People_Writing_their_Medicine_Personal_Statements
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:Medicine_Personal_Statements

:smile:

PS Helpers are legendary beasts that make awesome things awesomer :awesome:

See Vulpes' post for a real answer :colone:
PS Helpers are legendary beasts that make awesome things awesomer :awesome:

See Vulpes' post for a real answer :colone:

Wait...Aren't you a PS helper? :s-smilie::tongue:
Original post by Limitless
Wait...Aren't you a PS helper? :s-smilie::tongue:

:unimpressed:
Reply 6199
Original post by apple17

when you say 'draft', do you mean you completely started again or just editted the original? trying to understand what people mean by this draft business :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending