The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanielMonopoly
Seriously?

from what ive heard...
they can put wheel clamps on, but i dont think they can actually prosecute on it.

it would be worth checking with someone that actually knows though
I guess they can fine him if they want to. He is late, even if by a few seconds. But on the other hand, the parking attendant could have given him some leeway and let him off. They have boring jobs and I'm sure they enjoy seeing other people annoyed.
Reply 82
Original post by Boristhethird
from what ive heard...
they can put wheel clamps on, but i dont think they can actually prosecute on it.

like i said OP, i used to work for a private car park firm, we didnt clamp, but the tickets are rubbish
Reply 83
Original post by Boristhethird
from what ive heard...

More erroneous information forums don't need!

Private companies can easily take users to court. I know of many examples - it's who your dealing with and the evidence that they have accumulated. Where on earth did you get your ridiculous statement from?!

Whilst the majority may not do anything other than threaten, to suggest that they all will not pursue it will mean many offenders do find themselves in court because many top companies clamp down on those willfully not responding to court letters.
Reply 84
I got a parking ticket once, I told the attendent to impound the car and sell it on and let me off the fine. Never had a car since.
They gotta draw the line somewhere, but yeah it sucks.
Reply 86
Original post by Fantaisie
They gotta draw the line somewhere, but yeah it sucks.

omg its fantaisie :wink:

anyway just remember... private car park tickets, e.g. getting a ticket in mcdonalds car park are not enforceable! only council/police ones...
Original post by Miss5'4me
I received a £35 ticket by a very abnoxious warden who refused to communicate with me for being 120 seconds late !!! 2 minutes I am so taking it out of my council tax money !! And challenging it yes I got abusive after he was rude to me I also prior to me getting angry reminded him he is a civil servant and my question was not asked rudely !
Original post by mikeyd85
Parking attendants are ***** but it's not their fault. They're given quotas. :sad:

that's not how it should work
Sod quotas feel like locating him with a foghorn & announcing his presence on every street he walks on to! im not obstructing him from doing his job but would love to be as abnoxious as he was
Reply 90
Original post by Miss5'4me
I received a £35 ticket by a very abnoxious warden who refused to communicate with me for being 120 seconds late !!! 2 minutes I am so taking it out of my council tax money !! And challenging it yes I got abusive after he was rude to me I also prior to me getting angry reminded him he is a civil servant and my question was not asked rudely simply

Well you sure sound like a bucket of joy. Don't bump 8 year old threads. Don't abuse people for doing their jobs.

Latest

Trending

Trending