The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Normandy114
Haha thank you, will you be accepting it if you get four rejections? I'm thinking of only accepting it if I fail to get AAA in the summer.

My plan of action is (of course assuming I get any conditional AAA offers):

Get A in chemistry but not biology - see if Keele/Kings/Leicester will still want me
Get A in biology but not chemistry - see if UEA wants me
Get B in biology and chemistry - take up biomedicine (providing I get an A in maths/physics) then possibly reapply during that year after resitting or just carry on and see how it goes.

If I get 4 rejections but still get the grades I'll probably apply again next year...:confused:

It's difficult to plan things like this when you've no idea how they'll pan out! :zomg:
Reply 7981
oooh okay THaNKS
was getting really worried !
Reply 7982
Original post by Joseppea
My plan of action is (of course assuming I get any conditional AAA offers):

Get A in chemistry but not biology - see if Keele/Kings/Leicester will still want me
Get A in biology but not chemistry - see if UEA wants me
Get B in biology and chemistry - take up biomedicine (providing I get an A in maths/physics) then possibly reapply during that year after resitting or just carry on and see how it goes.

If I get 4 rejections but still get the grades I'll probably apply again next year...:confused:

It's difficult to plan things like this when you've no idea how they'll pan out! :zomg:

I've analysed every scenario and see what I will do if it happens. I'm so worried I won't get in.
Reply 7983
my application was sent today....AHHHHH!
Original post by Besakt
I've analysed every scenario and see what I will do if it happens. I'm so worried I won't get in.

Same, there are so many variables though it's impossible to decide on something for definite. I'm really worried because the 2 subjects I needed to (ideally) have As in at AS were bio and chem, which I got Bs in. Not the end of the world by a longshot, though it's made me really worried whether I can bump them up enough for A2. :frown:
i swear i will march into my tutors office and force his hand onto the computer mouse and click the send button tomorrow if i have to.

my reference and application have been completed and approved, and have just been sitting there for 3 or so days. its seriously not that hard just to click one button. grrrr.
Reply 7986
Junior Doctors: One year on, is on tonight. :biggrin:
Reply 7987
Original post by liviaaa

Channel? Time?

I remember talking to you last year in the bio exam thread how did you do?
Original post by liviaaa

OOOOOHHH thanks for telling us! was just wondering how i was going to procrastinate tonight :tongue:
Reply 7989
Original post by Besakt
Channel? Time?

I remember talking to you last year in the bio exam thread how did you do?

BBC3, 9 PM. :smile:

Yeah that seems like ages ago now haha! I did good thanks (94 & 140 ums) you?
Original post by liviaaa

Has it really been a year since? This year went really quick :s-smilie:

Definitely going to watch it.
Reply 7991
Original post by liviaaa
BBC3, 9 PM. :smile:

Yeah that seems like ages ago now haha! I did good thanks (94 & 140 ums) you?

Not as good. :frown:

Where you applying?
Reply 7992
In the cambridge medicine application do the overseas students as well need to attach the High school transcript cover sheet???
Need advice urgently please!
Thanks
Reply 7993
Original post by laurie:)
OOOOOHHH thanks for telling us! was just wondering how i was going to procrastinate tonight :tongue:

Haha no problem. :tongue:

Original post by Normandy114
Has it really been a year since? This year went really quick :s-smilie:

Definitely going to watch it.

Yeah it did! The new series is out in January though (I think tonight might be a one off episode?), so I wasn't sure if it was a year then..?

Original post by Besakt
Not as good. :frown:

Where you applying?

Soton, Leeds, Liverpool and B'ham. You?
Reply 7994
Original post by liviaaa
Haha no problem. :tongue:

Yeah it did! The new series is out in January though (I think tonight might be a one off episode?), so I wasn't sure if it was a year then..?

Soton, Leeds, Liverpool and B'ham. You?

Soton, Leeds, UEA.
i am the only person i know who's applying for med at st andrews. wheres all the st andrews love? :tongue:
Reply 7996
i am the only person i know who's applying for med at st andrews. wheres all the st andrews love? :tongue:

They were hiding, but I managed to find them for you. :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1732865
Original post by Besakt
They were hiding, but I managed to find them for you. :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1732865

that thread is so quiet! quieter than the UEA one, and thats pretty quiet too!

why dont people like st andrews?
that thread is so quiet! quieter than the UEA one, and thats pretty quiet too!

why dont people like st andrews?

A number of stereotypical reasons....mostly involving red cloaks and public schools...
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
A number of stereotypical reasons....mostly involving red cloaks and public schools...

that doesn't seem to put people off other 'traditional' medical schools though!

i don't go to a public school btw.

(although i like that about it, i chose my sixth form partly because it was really old and the teachers/prefects wore cloaks and it was just lovely. i guess i like traditions like that.)

Latest

Trending

Trending