The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9100
Original post by Quackers93
Glasgow! :five:

I always applied to St. Andrews, Cardiff and Manchester. I wondered if you had maybe applied to St. Andrews because they have a thing where you'd study at St.A's for three years and whereas most people would move to another scottish medical school or manchester, the ones on the Canadian course would go to Alberta I think and continue it back in Canada.

Can't say I'll be much use haha but I'll try :smile:

Yay!
I wanted to apply to cardiff and manchester but they only admit intl applicants from less developed med facility and canada is not included. Oh, I did not know about that St.A's scheme but it seems cool.
Haha thanks. You will be better than me anyways. :smile:
Reply 9101
Original post by apple17
Yay!
I wanted to apply to cardiff and manchester but they only admit intl applicants from less developed med facility and canada is not included. Oh, I did not know about that St.A's scheme but it seems cool.
Haha thanks. You will be better than me anyways. :smile:

LOL, cant help but look into this side conversation here :smile: but I have friends from Canada who applied to Cardiff a few years ago for med :frown: I wonder why they're not doing it anymore.... ? Btw have you heard from any of the med schools yet?
Original post by apple17
Nah, at least u know some. Sometimes, i feel like people just make up something on top of their head and say its slang. :P

Darn been caught out already. :P
Reply 9103
Original post by lizzy999
LOL, cant help but look into this side conversation here :smile: but I have friends from Canada who applied to Cardiff a few years ago for med :frown: I wonder why they're not doing it anymore.... ? Btw have you heard from any of the med schools yet?

I was pre disappointed cuz i really liked it, i think cuz they want to favour countries with less developed since there is no point in their opinion of us studying there.
No news at all but apparently one of my choices will email all applicants if they qualify for interview by end of Nov. How about u?
Original post by apple17
Butt apparently one of my choices will email all applicants if they qualify for interview by end of Nov.

You must be talking about Hull York :tongue:
Reply 9105
Original post by ViceVersa
You must be talking about Hull York :tongue:

Yes!
I see you have applied there too. :P
Reply 9106
Original post by roar558
Darn been caught out already. :P

damn, i knew i was right. :P
Original post by apple17
Yes!
I see you have applied there too. :P

Indeed I have :biggrin: I think its so nerve-racking that we'll ALL know by the end of nov :eek:
Reply 9108
Has anyone heard from cambridge?
Original post by d3ra4eva
Has anyone heard from cambridge?

Don't worry too much about oxbridge, I heard back from them late November last year.
Reply 9110
Original post by apple17
I was pre disappointed cuz i really liked it, i think cuz they want to favour countries with less developed since there is no point in their opinion of us studying there.
No news at all but apparently one of my choices will email all applicants if they qualify for interview by end of Nov. How about u?

I haven't heard from anywhere at all other than the emails about student financing :tongue: I hope to get everything over with by my second midterm :smile: its gonna be troublesome to explain to the dean as to why I would be absent for my exams lol :rolleyes: it's uoft
i walked up to a majorly stressed friend today who screamed at me "we're not going to get into uni!" :frown:

and then a couple of other people in my year started panicking.

it was just a seriously negative day for the medics in my year for some wierd reason :frown:
Original post by laurie:)
i walked up to a majorly stressed friend today who screamed at me "we're not going to get into uni!" :frown:

and then a couple of other people in my year started panicking.

it was just a seriously negative day for the medics in my year for some wierd reason :frown:

You have extremely odd friends...
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
You have extremely odd friends...

loooool i dunno what happened but people just seemed more stressed than usual today!
loooool i dunno what happened but people just seemed more stressed than usual today!

Hmm very odd indeed.
Hmm very odd indeed.

well, it was school picture day as well, cue panic about how to smile/stand/look :tongue:
well, it was school picture day as well, cue panic about how to smile/stand/look :tongue:

That is one good thing about uni, no more picture days :tongue:
That is one good thing about uni, no more picture days :tongue:

our last ever school photo, everybody had to look pristine :tongue:
our last ever school photo, everybody had to look pristine :tongue:

So hardcore :rolleyes:
So hardcore :rolleyes:

well, my parents never buy mine, so i have nothing to worry about :tongue:

Latest

Trending