The Student Room Group

I like to treat my men...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Katie_p
Urgh I hate it when women say they should be treated, it's a man's job to hold open doors/chairs, buy them flowers and chocolates and don't do anything in return.

I pre-ordered Skyrim for my bf - not particularly romantic I know, but it was really appreciated. :smile:

I think it's important that both parties make the occasional gesture to show their respect and appreciation for each other and the relationship. If you're not getting it back, I think perhaps you should tone it down a little so that you aren't taken advantage of. But I think it's really sweet and commendable that you make the effort.

One of my housemates expects gifts from her partner and never gets him anything. She has a charm bracelet and demanded more charms for her birthday when he was broke!

Doesn't matter.

You sound awesome too.
Original post by Future African game vet
Today I was having a debate with a friend, She was saying it's weird for a girl to treat a man the way I do;

Whenever I have been in a relationship I like to do little things for the man I am dating. I wake up early and sneak out to the shop to cook special breakfasts for them, set up surprise evenings doing their favorite things, take them out for a walk at night to look at the stars away from the town's lights, make them gifts occasionally, send little messages every so often to try and brighten up their day - not ALL the time- that'd be weird, but regularly... however I have been told by my female friends that its not our "duty" as women to take that role.... surely it works both ways?

Personally, I have never had anyone treat me in the same way back, either they just accept it and say very little, or begin to take it for granted- but this is just what I do...

What are your opinions on this sort of thing? Is it ok for me to do this? Or would guys find it odd?

I don't think its bad/odd. Your friends are right that you aren't obligated to do it, but its really nice of you to do it. I think as long as the other person appreciates the gesture, that you've gone out of your way to do something nice for them then it is worth it.
Reply 82
Original post by Arnob204
What makes you think I'm jealous? I don't need someone else doing things for me.

This is the same logic that idiots on youtube comments sections use when you criticise a famous musician: "OMG ur just jealous cus he gets girls and load of money!"

Ever thought how there is always that curiosity if everyone else think that way?
Original post by Arnob204
So if you weren't doing it simply to get likes, why exactly did you do it? Did you just want to throw out there for no particular reason, or did you really think an interesting an varied conversation would come from this?

P.S I didn't neg rep you btw

ah apologies.

well you are entitled to your own opinion, but I can assure you it's not to increase any "internet credibility" as you call it. It was an honest question... and to be totally fair I didnt expect so many people to comment at all....

(so Thank you to all of those who are doing! It makes interesting reading!)
I really like that "I cook for him" part.
Reply 85
I promise, I wont ever change :tongue: even if it means I die alone with hundreds of cats (who will be treated like princes as replacements for the person who never came into my life :tongue: )

trust me you won't die with cats.
Original post by Jakeh
trust me you won't die with cats.

I hope not, but I'd still like one or two in my life time :P
Reply 87
I hope not, but I'd still like one or two in my life time :P

Lol cats are cool but dogs are better imho unless we're talking bigger cats cos they look awesome.
Original post by Jakeh
Lol cats are cool but dogs are better imho unless we're talking bigger cats cos they look awesome.

well, I like both :smile: I'm intending to have both at some point in my life, just for the experience, however in my line of work I dont think it'd be fair on a dog, being alone for long periods of time whilst Im working long hours :tongue: cats would cope better.

As for Big cats.... well if I manage to get into Wildlife/ zoo work I might just have a few of those to play around with too :wink:
Reply 89
OP, keep doing what you are doing and the world will be a better place.
Original post by djpailo
OP, keep doing what you are doing and the world will be a better place.

I'll try :colondollar: How very kind, thank you x
Yeah, it's nice, didn't realise it was so uncommon though :s-smilie: To me it seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Relationships are surely about give and take - on both sides though.
Reply 92
well, I like both :smile: I'm intending to have both at some point in my life, just for the experience, however in my line of work I dont think it'd be fair on a dog, being alone for long periods of time whilst Im working long hours :tongue: cats would cope better.

As for Big cats.... well if I manage to get into Wildlife/ zoo work I might just have a few of those to play around with too :wink:

But samoyeds are so cute! I wanna play with big cats :[
Original post by Jakeh
But samoyeds are so cute! I wanna play with big cats :[

True :smile: Very fluffy and sweet!
Reply 94
True :smile: Very fluffy and sweet!

Yeah I had one! :smile: Don't worry about your friends/others, it's nice some people still do that. I make random notes and leave them somewhere where they will find them one day randomly ;p
Original post by Jakeh
Yeah I had one! :smile: Don't worry about your friends/others, it's nice some people still do that. I make random notes and leave them somewhere where they will find them one day randomly ;p

haha that's one of my tricks too :tongue: glad im not the only nutty one out there leaving notes
Reply 96
haha that's one of my tricks too :tongue: glad im not the only nutty one out there leaving notes

Haha, I do some really 'weird' surprises too I guess. I just think its nice to do things like that, as you said infrequently to remind them that they're still on your mind.
when you said "weird" surprises, it reminded me of that youtube song "dick in a box..."

And yes, I always think it's nice to know that someone is thinking of you :smile:
Reply 98
I think it's the way a relationship should be. Not the girl doing all that exclusively but all those things going both ways. You're friends are clearly mega feminist morons who are most likely jealous that you are comfortable in yourself enough to do that regardless of what's thought about you.

Any guy would love that and the best of them will reciprocate :smile:
Reply 99
Today I was having a debate with a friend, She was saying it's weird for a girl to treat a man the way I do;

Whenever I have been in a relationship I like to do little things for the man I am dating. I wake up early and sneak out to the shop to cook special breakfasts for them, set up surprise evenings doing their favorite things, take them out for a walk at night to look at the stars away from the town's lights, make them gifts occasionally, send little messages every so often to try and brighten up their day - not ALL the time- that'd be weird, but regularly... however I have been told by my female friends that its not our "duty" as women to take that role.... surely it works both ways?

Personally, I have never had anyone treat me in the same way back, either they just accept it and say very little, or begin to take it for granted- but this is just what I do...

What are your opinions on this sort of thing? Is it ok for me to do this? Or would guys find it odd?

You sound like the type of girl I hope I find :hoppy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending