The Student Room Group

What do you think?does he like me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I might send this instead "Hey hows it going? Do you fancy meeting up again?if you're up for it . I was a little nervous the first time ha""
or this
You know the first time we met up, I was a little nervous ha. Do you fancy meeting up again if you're up for it?"

I think the other sounded a bit like I thought I did something wrong and wanted to change myself.

Is this one still okay?

Yes of course it is!
Reply 81
Not sure when to send it really don't want to seem clingy/needy.
Or I could add him but I don't have his surname but we have mutual friends. I could say he appeared on the people you may know list...
Reply 82
Original post by YouDontWannaKnow
Yes of course it is!

Or maybe if I just send "hey how are you doing?" thats a simple text.
Or maybe if I just send "hey how are you doing?" thats a simple text.

But isnt your aim to meet up?
OP, I think you should just leave it. Unless a disaster has befallen him I don't understand why he hasn't replied yet. You made a considerable amount of effort and he hasn't - that should be enough for you to realise that maybe he is not that interested after all :dontknow:
Reply 85
OP, I think you should just leave it. Unless a disaster has befallen him I don't understand why he hasn't replied yet. You made a considerable amount of effort and he hasn't - that should be enough for you to realise that maybe he is not that interested after all :dontknow:

He could've genuinely forgotten I mean he made all this effort to get back in contact. Will I try once more it's not like him to not reply? And he didn't say no to meeting up again.
Reply 86
But isnt your aim to meet up?

Yeah but I asked him already I don't want to seem pushy maybe if see if he's texting back and get talking and then ask him that. Guys are confusing lol.
Yeah but I asked him already I don't want to seem pushy maybe if see if he's texting back and get talking and then ask him that. Guys are confusing lol.

Haha they are indeed!!
Reply 88
Haha they are indeed!!

And usually when I do text him he takes a while to reply because he's either been doing something or taking a nap or fell asleep he works really early like 6am-12pm.
And usually when I do text him he takes a while to reply because he's either been doing something or taking a nap or fell asleep he works really early like 6am-12pm.

Lol.

You either just have to deal with it, or move on :tongue:
Reply 90
Lol.

You either just have to deal with it, or move on :tongue:

Yeah like I wouldn't even be thinking of him if he hadn't contacted me.
He does know a few people from my old school unless he asked them about me or something.

I agree with this. I'm being cruel to be kind here. I seriously doubt this guy has any genuine interest in you. You said in your opening post that your first date just 'never happened' and that you never heard from after and that he appeared to take his dating profile down. My guess is that he was not bothered about the date with you and was instead seeing someone else so he took the profile down, and then things didnt work out with her and so he decided to try his luck with you because you were very obviously showing signs of interest before. Whatever the situation, he is not showing the signs someone would give off if they were genuinely interested. More likely he has you down as keen and impressionable and someone who will always be waiting when there's no one else on the scene. You seem to keep convincing yourself that he is interested and judging from what you've written the thought you're putting into it is too intense to be healthy. I'm trying to do you a favour here.
Reply 92
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
I agree with this. I'm being cruel to be kind here. I seriously doubt this guy has any genuine interest in you. You said in your opening post that your first date just 'never happened' and that you never heard from after and that he appeared to take his dating profile down. My guess is that he was not bothered about the date with you and was instead seeing someone else so he took the profile down, and then things didnt work out with her and so he decided to try his luck with you because you were very obviously showing signs of interest before. Whatever the situation, he is not showing the signs someone would give off if they were genuinely interested. More likely he has you down as keen and impressionable and someone who will always be waiting when there's no one else on the scene. You seem to keep convincing yourself that he is interested and judging from what you've written the thought you're putting into it is too intense to be healthy. I'm trying to do you a favour here.

Oh the dating profile been down for like 2months. He said he'd lost his phone in the cinema. I guess maybe he isn't I'll try one more text tomorrow and if he doesn't text back then I guessing he isn't interested. He did say I seemed like a nice girl. He does know a few I know from my old school so not sure if maybe he asked them about me.
Reply 93
Me and this guy met online 2months ago we spoke through texting and we both live near and I suggested meeting up and he was happy to and suggested when he's walking his dog to meet. Then it didn't happen and just had no contact. And he deleted his dating profile a while ago. Then randomly he texted 2days ago and he said he lost his phone at the cinema and it wouldnt turn on when he found it and had to order a new one and he just found my number online . He seemed to have made a lot of effort trying to find my number. We had a general chat then he asked if I was single then if I wanted to meet him for the walk so we did. I was slightly nervous meeting him it went fine and he hugged me at the end and said to text him but he texted me first anyway.

This is the messages
him: hey you get home ok?
me:heya yeah I got home grand thanks. What have you been up to?
him: Haha good stuff. I have to say you're very quiet. Just got that gym membership and just in bed you
me:haha I'm not normally that quiet probably because we haven't spoken for ages. Just getting back to studying soon
him: Ye I suppose I just couldn't hear you sometimes but I could undersand you. You seem like a nice girl. Study study haha
me:redface:h right yeah I do sometimes talk a bit quiet might be the accent as well . Aw thanks you're nice too. I will got quite a bit to go over still no one knows what to study ha.
him.nah the accent was fine I just couldn't hear you ha. Yeah I do try to be nice to everyone . Gonna head up and pay for the gym hopefully o a few sets. Did you not get any practice exams
me" oh right ha. I haven't been for a while either like 2 weeks. (then just mentioned the exams)
him: 2 weeks? I hope I last 2 weeks I'm gonna try hard to stick at it this time but ain't been in a while I need a hobbie to enjoy. You seem pretty smart I say you'll be fine :smile:
me: yeah or maybe 3 weeks. Oh you'll be fine once you get into routine or if you have a plan.I used to go more and stopping only when I got a plan went more. I might go back saturday.(he didn't reply after that)

Then a day later I texted him
me:h:eya how are?how was your day? did you try out that gym?
him:hey yeah not too bad. Yeah I joined the gym but didn't start yet. You get up to much?
me:Aw cool. I'm okay just did a small bit of study mainly procrastinating back to it properly tomorrow an just been watching eastenders really.(He didn't say anything else then) I probably should've asked a follow up question. (We did speak more in other messages.)
I've noticed most guys reply on when you ask a question.

Should I ask him if he wants to meet up for another walk ? I was slightly shy meeting him.

He asked if you got home okay, case closed.
Reply 94
I texted him the "Hey how are you doing?" text an hour ago he hasn't replied yet if he is going to reply.
did he reply? :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by PosionedMushroom
did he reply? :smile:

Nope he didn't reply it was a worth a try . His loss now lol I deleted his number again.
Nope he didn't reply it was a worth a try . His loss now lol I deleted his number again.

Good idea :smile: at least you can move on now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending