The Student Room Group

Girls: Do you like being given flowers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I love it, but then I'm the kind of soppy person who also likes being given cuddly toys.
Original post by TreeOfKnowledge
Just a bit of a weird question which has probably been answered before. (sorry). I'm going to my girlfriend’s house sometime this week and I was thinking about getting her some flowers (No special reason by the way).

so girls, do you like receiving flowers? And what do you think when you get given them?

I like receiving presents generally. Flowers are great, but so is having dinner cooked for you, getting a massage or having a weekend in Rome for two. :cool:
No, unless it's potted. I'd rather it were left in the ground where I can admire it for a long time rather than the seven days it takes to die in a vase.
Reply 63
I'd prefer chocolate, flowers die quite quickly. But its the thought that counts :smile:
I love receiving them and knowing that someone was thinking about you. You then get a constant reminder for a week or two :h:.
Reply 65
Yes it's always a lovely gesture :smile:
Reply 66
Its a nice gesture but honestly they're just gunna die, Id rather he got me a box of chocolates :tongue: I would be grateful non the less :smile:
Bro tip: Never give girls flowers just because.

True, it's very romantic and the girls love it but you've now set yourself a bar. You've said to your girl that you're the type of guy that does nice things randomly. She'll expect it- so when you don't randomly give her stuff she'll start getting all weird and paranoid.

Source: personal experience.
Yes, particularly if it's a surprise. It's always nice to get a surprise - shows someone's been thinking of you.
Original post by Rooster523

True, it's very romantic and the girls love it but you've now set yourself a bar. You've said to your girl that you're the type of guy that does nice things randomly. She'll expect it- so when you don't randomly give her stuff she'll start getting all weird and paranoid.

Perhaps you've just been with the wrong ladies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Source: personal experience One bad experience.

Don't tar all girls with the same brush.
Reply 71
It's a nice gesture.

Would prefer KFC though.
From a new BF / a guy I fancy: Yes why not :tongue:
From a bf who should me well enough: HELL NO :mad:

You obvious went out with a girl with low self esteem, and also, if after some time you pay less attention to your girlfriend, and for no specific reason such as being busy and stuff, of course she'd get paranoid. If your girlfriend calls you everyday and tells you she loves you everyday, and suddenly she stops, gives you no reason, won't give you no reason, isn't busy, then you WONT GET PARANOID, right?

:cool: My bf gets me chocolate, flowers, write me poems, buy me whatever I want all the time, and during the time he didn't it was equally fine. I actually encourage him not to buy me stuff, his cooking is all I need.
(edited 11 years ago)
It'd be lovely, I'd probably sneeze all over them though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really. I don't see the point and they seem incredibly impersonal to me. I'd prefer something personal like a black personalised swiss army knife. That would be cool.
Original post by Melissa.S.
I'd prefer chocolate, flowers die quite quickly. But its the thought that counts :smile:

Don't buy the flowers,

give her flowers you pick from the ground yourself. :tongue:

I kno I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the advice but I'll have to ignore it. I am the type of guy that does nice things randomly, sorry :/

Original post by Mankytoes
Here's a hint- whatever you give her, say there's a specific reason. Like do you know her favourite colour? Or you could say they match her eyes. Just say something that makes it sound more meaningful.

I've been thinking about that, I've seen some white and purple flowers in her room before so I can only presume she likes those colors (they were from her mum). I'll try to think of something to say.
Thank you :smile:

Original post by JediArron
Awww you are such a cute boyfriend and so sweet ^-^

Make sure she doesn't drain the wallet T_T

Usually as a young girl, not speaking from experience, but I can imagine them wanting to tell their friends about it, something that gives off the vibe as young would be an orchid, it's bright pink colored and symbolizes the relationship (assuming you are fairly recent bf/gf)

I would say bouquets are for when you are together for a long time, there's a lot of variation in it which might symbolize your more developed relationship.

Cheesus Christ. And they say that girls over think things :biggrin:

Haha thanks, it's my first relationship so I'm just acting on impulse on anything I do. And yeah the relationship is only a month in at the moment :smile: gaaah so many opinions on what to get.
Reply 78
Original post by AvocatInTraining
Hell no, they are pointless and die anyway. if they were fake and looked really nice than maybe. Similarly to teddy bears, wth would I do with that? I'd prefer getting gifts I can do something with e.g. books, taking me out to dinner, DVD, new video game, a card, love letter, jewellry, clothes. Something productive or entertaining. I do not find flowers romantic in the slightest. Only if there were rose petals in a bath tub, with candles all round as I'm taking a bath with my lover....

You can always receive a plant in a pot like orchid or a lovely cactus and they usually don't die unless you don't look after them properly. You can cuddle the teddy bear when you feel lonely :rolleyes:
Reply 79
Original post by desdemonata
I would normally agree, but if he hasn't gotten the idea in 4 years, I reckon a more direct order :giggle: from a friend would help. And they could remind him to get them every once in a while from then on :biggrin:

There is only one option. I must buy him flowers. :bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending