The Student Room Group

OMG not another Rippetoes blog!

Scroll to see replies

Well, they should be given that I'm still operating at almost 30 kg under my PR.
Okay session tonight.

Squats:

127.5 x 5/5/5

Same as last time.

Dumbbell bench press:

30s x 5/5/5

Terrible.

Barbell rows:

82.5 x 5/5/5/5/5

Better than last time.

Finished with some skull crushers:

bar + 20 x 10
bar + 22.5 x 10/9

Then some stretching and home.
Good session tonight.

Squats:

130 x 5/5/5

Bit harder than last time.

Seated dumbbell shoulder press:

24s x 6/6/6/9

Quite pleased with these. Pecs and triceps were really sore from Wednesday and from warm-ups wasn't expected to get even 5 reps with the 24s.

Deadlifts:

170 x 5

Quite difficult. Haven't done these for a while so lost a bit on them. Should rise fast, especially when my grip gets used to heavy weight again.

Chins:

bodyweight x 5/5/4

Pecs and triceps sore.

Then stretching and home.
Good session tonight I suppose.

Squats:

132.5 x 5/5/5

Same as last time.

Clean and press:

only managed 70 on the press. Triceps still had a lot of DOMs.

Barbell rows:

85 x 5/5/5/5/5

Not too bad.

Some stretching and home.
Good session tonight.

Squats:

135 x 5/5/5

A little harder than last time.

Dumbbell bench press:

30s x 5/7/5

Surprised, although triceps and lats still have DOMs. They've been like that for a week now.

Power cleans:

90 x 1
95 x 1
100 x 1
102 x 1
104 x 1
106 x f

Quite happy with this PR. Got some quick coaching to pull the bar back, which stops me from jumping forward, and hence the PR. Also easier to get under the bar like this too.

Chins:

bodyweight x 5/3/3

Short rest periods so meh.

Some stretching and home.
Good session tonight.

Squats:

137.5 x 5/5/5

Easier than last time.

Bench press:

80 x 5/5/5

Not too bad I was told from my spotter although felt quite heavy; but it always does after a break.

Deadlifts:

175 x 5

Not too bad, apart from grip which was slipping even with chalk. Hands and fingers were just really sweaty tonight.

Chins:

bodyweight x 5/5/5

Stretching and home.

Squats:

140 x 5/5/5

Hard, but still not bothered to reach for my belt yet.

Seated dumbbell overhead press:

26s x 7/6/6/7

PR.

Power cleans:

worked up to 100 x 3

Also a PR. Shins were bleeding quite badly, though. Got some blood over my nice white Iron Works.

Then home.
Reply 1307
Original post by Smack

Squats:

140 x 5/5/5

Hard, but still not bothered to reach for my belt yet.

26s x 7/6/6/7

PR.

Power cleans:

worked up to 100 x 3

Also a PR. Shins were bleeding quite badly, though. Got some blood over my nice white Iron Works.

Then home.

what's your body mass now?
Don't know.
Bad session tonight. Have picked up a (hopefully) little injury.

Squats:

142.5 x 5

Put the belt on, so not too bad, but felt something go in the lower left side of my torso so stopped. Feels awkward to do any sort of twisting movement or bend over but it's not so bad at the moment.

Bench press:

82.5 x 5/5/5

Disappointing hard.

Hammer grip chins:

bodyweight x 4/3/3

Meh.

Then did some triceps pull downs and machine rows to finish.

Home.
Reply 1310
Late night sessions are the best :biggrin:

what are hammer grip chins btw?
The hammer grip is when the palms are facing each other. Need a special bar to do that, though.
Reply 1312
ohh yeah i know what you mean now!
Okay session tonight.

Bench press:

85 x 5/5/4/4

Something really strange must have been happening that was causing me to miss my last rep. First 4/5 felt quite easy to be honest. Much easier than last time, though.

Barbell rows:

87.5 x 5/5
60 x 10/10/10

First sets with 87.5 were not that strict. I' be much better off doing them really strict in order to really help my upper back, which is a major weakness of mine. Actually quite difficult to do 60 x 10 really strict.

22s x 10/8/9

Okay with these. Triceps were quite fatigued.

Home.
Good session tonight.

Squats:

130 x 5/5/5/5/5

Doing 5x5 now because I feel like it. Only twice a week though; the other day I will front squat.

Press:

60 x 5/5/5

Not too bad considering the time I've taken off of the press.

Deadlifts:

180 x 5

Harder than I thought it would be. Legs and back weren't in sync, thus resulting in harder deadlifts. I think I was also starting with the bar too far away from me too.

Did some curls supersetted with stretching and then went home.
Reply 1315
Some decent progress, what times do you usually prefer work out?

It sucks for me right now because of college but at uni i'll have time to go as much as i want (when im not studying that is)
Good session tonight.

Power cleans:

worked up to 115 x 1

Masssive PR. Felt really hard, obviously, and totally missed 120 after it, but really happy with it.

Front squat:

110 x 3
120 x 1

Not too hard on my legs but face was bright red trying to support the weight.

Home.
115kg is a brilliant power clean!
Thanks.

It's coming out of nowhere. Catching it with a relatively wide stance; I'd love to be able to catch it in a narrower stance so I can progress to full cleans.
Original post by Smack
Thanks.

It's coming out of nowhere. Catching it with a relatively wide stance; I'd love to be able to catch it in a narrower stance so I can progress to full cleans.

I'd recommend starting practising full cleans with a very comfortable weight. Start by powercleaning it then very quickly front squatting down. Hopefully the two will link themselves together eventually. It is a different exercise though, so it will take a while to get them looking the same. My powercleans and normal cleans used to look totally different, but it's got more and more that my power clean just looks like a stopped version of my full clean, which is what it should be.

Quick Reply

Latest