The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Accommodation with friend?

Hey everyone!

My friend and I are both firmed for Sheffield - we'd really like to be in the same area and it would be *awesome* if we could get in the same dorm place!

On the site it says that there is a place we can ask for this - but I checked through the accommodation form and couldn't find it.

Does anyone know how I can sort this out? I know it may not be possible but we would both like to be close together as we are far from home!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Maybe just both apply for the same things? Eg, both Endcilffe, both non smoking, both single sex or mixed.. If you both end up in the same village, you'll be pretty close anyway
Reply 3
Original post by beckaroo7
Maybe just both apply for the same things? Eg, both Endcilffe, both non smoking, both single sex or mixed.. If you both end up in the same village, you'll be pretty close anyway

Thank you for your reply, I contacted the university and this is pretty much the same thing that they said, although they can't guarantee anything.

Thanks again. :smile:
Reply 4
To be honest it'll probably be better for you to live in separate flats. Wherever you are it will be pretty close to them anyway, and having your own flats will firstly encourage you to widen your social circle by making we friends in our flat, and secondly will mean that you have the opportunity to make friends with their flat too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jordan-s
To be honest it'll probably be better for you to live in separate flats. Wherever you are it will be pretty close to them anyway, and having your own flats will firstly encourage you to widen your social circle by making we friends in our flat, and secondly will mean that you have the opportunity to make friends with their flat too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the advice, but due to my situation the decision has already been made.

We are doing very different courses, so we will not have the same friend groups. Also I am a strong believer in that it is not where you live but your attitude to people that affects your ability to make friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending