The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, why not.
It depends on how severe it was. Some people with severe autism cannot even speak so it all depends really.
If it was an extremely severe form of autism that could make a relationship very difficult, however if they just had mild/moderate aspergers but were able to have relationships then sure
Reply 4
I don't see any reason why this should restrict a relationship with someone. My brother has Autism and he's rather excitable at times and a complete computer-addict but he's a good person on the inside. For me personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, obviously I wouldn't go out of my way just to date someone with Autism/Aspergers but it shouldn't matter in the long term.

Why did you feel the need to ask this question? It seems very insensitive on your part.
Reply 5
Original post by Mrx123
As the question says, would you date anyone boy or girl if you knew they had Autism or a form of Aspergers?

Is this implying a mild/moderate form of Autism/Aspergers? I assume this because it's normally obviously when someone has an strong Autistic Spectrum disorder when you meet them and talk to them. My older brother has mild Aspergers and is perfectly normal.
No.
Reply 7
Original post by LJStudent
Is this implying a mild/moderate form of Autism/Aspergers? I assume this because it's normally obviously when someone has an strong Autistic Spectrum disorder when you meet them and talk to them. My older brother has mild Aspergers and is perfectly normal.

any mild or severe
Reply 8
Original post by Mrx123
any mild or severe

Having Autism or Aspergers shouldn't affect your judgement on a person. Deliberately not dating someone because you knew they had Aspergers if it was mild/unnoticeable is pathetic.
Reply 9
Having Autism or Aspergers shouldn't affect your judgement on a person. Deliberately not dating someone because you knew they had Aspergers if it was mild/unnoticeable is pathetic.

I agree, I have mild Aspergers
Reply 10
Yes because i'm not shallow enough to not be with someone just because they had autism or aspergers.
Reply 11
my boyfriend has aspergers and although it can exacerbate any communication issues we have and sometimes makes me feel like he's not as interested in, or understanding of, my feelings as i'd like it certainly doesn't cause any problems and we've been very happy for 8 months. i should add that we both have mental health issues on top of that and mine include a huge need for reassurance, stability and emotional support, all of which he is incredibly good at, so really in my experience aspergers has fairly little impact on a relationship.
Original post by Mrx123
I agree, I have mild Aspergers

Glad to see someone agrees with me :smile: There is a lot of stigma surrounding it.
Reply 13
100% no, the asbergers kid at school made life unbearable sometimes
Reply 14
Glad to see someone agrees with me :smile: There is a lot of stigma surrounding it.

right back at you :smile:
Original post by spocckka

Really? It's that bad? You make me sick. How can you let one person colour your judgement of others? Are you really that shallow?
I would. I would win every argument.
Reply 17
Original post by spocckka

Aspergers....Asbergers.....oh dear
I don't know. I guess I'd be open to it, I'd definitely get to know them and give them a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Mrx123
Aspergers....Asbergers.....oh dear

It's a joke related to the South Park episode.

Latest

Trending

Trending