The Student Room Group

Can I go through clearing/adjustment?

I have an offer from Sheffield Uni for AAB, if I get AAB do I have to go to Sheffield or is there any chance I can go somewhere else through clearing/adjustment? Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
If you exceed your offer you can look for alternative places through ucas adjustment whilst still holding on to your place at Sheffield (this is assuming Sheffield is your firm).

If you get into Sheffield but don't exceed your offer (i.e. you achieve AAB or below) and decide you don't want to go there, you would have to ask to be released into Clearing. Unfortunately this means you lose your place at Sheffield. It's worth knowing that there can be a delay in being released.

Alternatively, take a gap year and reapply in the next cycle.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Zottula
If you exceed your offer you can look for alternative places through ucas adjustment whilst still holding on to your place at Sheffield (this is assuming Sheffield is your firm).

If you get into Sheffield but don't exceed your offer (i.e. you achieve AAB or below) and decide you don't want to go there, you would have to ask to be released into Clearing. Unfortunately this means you lose your place at Sheffield. It's worth knowing that there can be a delay in being released.

Alternatively, take a gap year and reapply in the next cycle.

Ah ok, thanks for the help
Reply 3
What are you going to study? I have just graduated my Bsc at Uni of Sheff and would definitely recommend it! So feel free to ask me any questions :smile:

Original post by JamilMCR
I have an offer from Sheffield Uni for AAB, if I get AAB do I have to go to Sheffield or is there any chance I can go somewhere else through clearing/adjustment? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending