The Student Room Group

University Choices - Physics 2014 Application

Hi,

Desparate for some advice on what Universities I should choose to study physics at.

im currently on a gap year and applying to study physics as undergraduate for 2014. My A2's didn't go very well and I only managed to get a B in Graphics, C in Maths and a C in Physics. I'm retaking in January and I'm predicted ABB and I think it's quite likely I'll get that because I'm only a few UMS off. Therefore I've decided to apply for Exeter, Surrey, Sussex, Swansea and have to find another. I just wanted to know the chances of someone in my position getting offers from these Universities (Especially Exeter) considering my grades are low at the moment and my predicted grades just meet their entry requirements?

Anything would be helpful because all universities have really said is we would consider you with those predictions...
Have a look at www.whatuni.com Enter Physics as a subject and Search. On the next page you can add predicted grades and this will give you a list of likely Unis/courses. Always check on each course/Uni website for subject specific grades, required GCSEs etc.

The usual advice is to choose one 'risky' choice (just over your grade predictions, but still 'possible', ie. AAB), two/three at your grade predictions (ABB) and one/two lower as a 'safety' choice (BBB/BBC).
Reply 2
Original post by physics2013
I'm retaking in January

:confused:
Haha don't know why I put January...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending