The Student Room Group

Is it worth applying to Manchester Met as a back up? I'll get around ABB

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Deyesy
I don't want to derail OP's original query but: I'm pretty damn sure employee's will know which universities are better for certain courses than others.

The debate about universities is for another thread; not OP's.

No most of them won't. Employers don't go looking at league tables and they go off by reputation.

You asked for an opinion and you can't handle it.
Reply 21
Original post by Nitrogen
No most of them won't. Employers don't go looking at league tables and they go off by reputation.

You asked for an opinion and you can't handle it.

Again. A very black and white view of things. That's the thing I'm getting at.
Reply 22
Original post by Nitrogen
If you want an insurance, which asks for BBB, there are many better places than Man Met. Since you want to stay close to home how about look at places like Sheffield, York and Liverpool.

Maybe for Op's course, but overall the university entry requirements are low. Although it says that the entry requirements are 3B's, on results day they will still take people dropping 2 or 3 grades. The entry requirements are only 3Bs, so it makes them look good. 3B's is not bad a A-Level, but I wouldnt say they're great either.

Liverpool Hope might well be the best university for their teaching course, but that will still not change the fact that they have low entry requirements and a bad reputation. I mean how many people on the street or even employers will know that? They will jump straight to the conclusion that Liverpool>Liverpool Hope. Not to mention theres probably a higher calibre of students at Liverpools teaching course than Liverpool Hope's course, even though Liverpool Hope's course is deemed better.

I'd love to go to Sheffield and York but those universities have even higher grade requirements (AAA-AAB) than Manchester, they're always in the top 7 for my subject and are very prestigious, from this I'm guessing they're really competitive too, so I doubt they'd accept BBB unfortunately. Even Liverpool asks for ABB so it's becoming quite difficult choosing a 'good' BBB university.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending