The Student Room Group

Discretionary leave to remain, HELP !!!

I have been in the UK for 8 years however due to unfortunate circumstances i been awarded with a discretionary leave to remain for a specified time in 2009 and renewed it in 2012 and how hold a leave to enter/remain in the UK on a discretionary basis outside the immigration rules for a specified period.. after this run out in september 2014 i will be applying for indefinite leave to remain...

I applied to student finance for this year 2014 sept but im now freaking out about not being eligible to receive anything.. HELP!! also am i classified as a home student? :s
Reply 1
Original post by barmutlu1
I have been in the UK for 8 years however due to unfortunate circumstances i been awarded with a discretionary leave to remain for a specified time in 2009 and renewed it in 2012 and how hold a leave to enter/remain in the UK on a discretionary basis outside the immigration rules for a specified period.. after this run out in september 2014 i will be applying for indefinite leave to remain...

I applied to student finance for this year 2014 sept but im now freaking out about not being eligible to receive anything.. HELP!! also am i classified as a home student? :s

Ring up student finance - they're willing to professionally go through all of this over the phone with you without undermining your confidentiality.

They know best.
Reply 2
Original post by AdamskiUK
Ring up student finance - they're willing to professionally go through all of this over the phone with you without undermining your confidentiality.

They know best.

They asked me for my passport and i sent it off and then they asked me to send my home office letters so im due to send those off soon... but i cnt wait :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by barmutlu1
They asked me for my passport and i sent it off and then they asked me to send my home office letters so im due to send those off soon... but i cnt wait :frown:

You really can - you have until May to get student finance sorted, right?

Also, did you send off your passport or a photocopy?
Reply 4
Original post by AdamskiUK
You really can - you have until May to get student finance sorted, right?

Also, did you send off your passport or a photocopy?

they asked to send the passport not the copy lol so yh i sent the passport with special delivery then they sent it right back to me after a week
Reply 5
Hi,

I'm having the same issue too. I sent them a copy of my passport but haven't heard from them as yet. What happened in your case? did they approve it?
will let you know my outcome!
Reply 6
No I wasn't applicable to get student finance but bcoz im a child of a turkish worker now im proving that and we'll see if I can get it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending