The Student Room Group

Girls or boys? Who pays?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Top Queen
Interesting!
Personally, I'm not too fussy but I'd expect him to pay and he always pays,
Sometimes I offer and he's like don't be silly etc,
I have paid on occasions but even then I think I only pay 80%, he always has to chip in or he doesn't feel happy,
I like the way things are though. I don't think I could be with someone who couldn't pay for me at LEAST every now and then without having to be told.

Are you unemployed?
Reply 41
Original post by Dnator
Are you unemployed?

Surprisingly, he is unemployed and I'm not. However it's because we are studying but he did work before and was fortunate to get a good job.
I wouldn't expect guys to pay anyway, I mean I'm going to be the one eating/watching a film etc so it makes no sense to, he would pay for his own stuff and I'd pay for my own and I would hate if he kept pushing to pay because I would feel like he thinks I can't afford myself? Idk I I'd just feel like a bit of a goldigger even though it something so trivial such as him paying for my Starbucks, he has no obligation, if he did indeed pay it would be for the first date and I would return the favour one way or another

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
No actually, I have a problem more with men who CAN pay and won't. If someone doesn't have the money to pay then it isn't really their fault, but then I'd have to always pay and I don't feel as a female I should.

How does you having a vagina....which you don't use, somehow makes you entitled?
Reply 44
Original post by Scott.
How does you having a vagina....which you don't use, somehow makes you entitled?

What has my personal choices got to do with what I'm entitled to?
Reply 45
Surprisingly, he is unemployed and I'm not. However it's because we are studying but he did work before and was fortunate to get a good job.

I see, well you clearly know what is important to you. I think it is fairly shallow, and me and my girlfriend have a completely different relationship based upon being a team rather than 1920's gender roles.
Reply 46
What has my personal choices got to do with what I'm entitled to?

Being female is your personal choice? :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by Scott.
Being female is your personal choice? :biggrin:

You said a 'vagina' that I don't use?
Reply 48
If I'm on a date and the girl doesn't offer to pay for her part it's safe to say I won't be seeing her again :smile:

I don't have a problem treating my girlfriend or even my friends every once in a while but I really resent the entitlement that comes with the 'men have to pay' attitude.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
You said a 'vagina' that I don't use?

Yes.

It would be the same question if you did use it.

How does having a vagina make you entitled?

:rolleyes:
Reply 50
Original post by Scott.
Yes.

It would be the same question if you did use it.

How does having a vagina make you entitled?

:rolleyes:

Because I said so :smile:
Reply 51
Because I said so :smile:

Why are you avoiding answering the question?

You thought it would be important to tell people how you feel you should be treated, so why not explain why?
Reply 52
Original post by Scott.
Why are you avoiding answering the question?

You thought it would be important to tell people how you feel you should be treated, so why not explain why?

Thats my answer, analyse it, see what you find if you're interested.
You split it or pay for your own half.

What are the implications of me having to pay for everything? it's like I have to impress you, like you're the prize, i'm less. We both want to be there, so let's have fun and be equal. Instead of sticking to outdated traditions.
It differs culturally imo. But generally I always offer, yet I am rarely taken up on that offer :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Scott.
There we go.

Nobody(decent) with money's going to go with a girl who's poor just because she's good looking, when there are plenty of women who have money, who are good looking.

Lol that is so so wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Thats my answer, analyse it, see what you find if you're interested.

Well. You started a thread, about why should girls shouldn't have to pay for stuff. I'm not sure at some point you asked us what we thought. You got answers.

You've managed to start you ego boosting thread. You got a couple of peoples attention. That must be great for you, right? A thread all about you.

Is the reason you can't answer simple questions because no reasonable person thinks like you?
I personally find this attitude to be backdated and sexist - this is an example of where sexism exists against men, IMO. Why on earth should a guy pay just because of his gender? And as a girl expecting to be paid for, don't you feel you're diminishing your value as a person by simply allowing yourself to be bought?
I think it's nice to be treated but it goes both ways - my boyfriend treats me sometimes, I treat him and sometimes we split. I've surprised him with a stay in a hotel room, he surprised me with a birthday holiday. We don't count it but it's pretty equal.
I'd only want/expect him to pay if say, I was still a student and he was earning.
I used to offer to pay, but my gf likes to split the bill mostly. I'd feel weird paying for her all time time in all fairness.

She's caught on that I'm from a pretty well off family so now she makes a "you're so posh" or some ridiculous comment every time I get my wallet out :lol:, so I refrain from offering to pay the whole bill for whatever.
(edited 10 years ago)
lol i dont pay for ****.

Especially if its the first date.

If I'm in a long term relationship then I'll start paying for stuff.

As a rule, I don't pay for girls. But I do pay for my friends on nights out and in general :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending