The Student Room Group

Girls or boys? Who pays?

Scroll to see replies

I love my independence, I like to split dates 50/50. That way my boyfriend can't turn around and say "I paid for xyz" and hold it over my head. When people usually pay for things on your behalf, they act like they own you in my experience and I don't like that at all. So I'd say 50/50 is better.
Reply 81
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Yes. That's because feminists in the past fought for the freedom that you have today. You mention you have a job and was studying; you wouldn't even have that choice if women in the past didn't protest the gender roles that existed back then. Gender roles that you're now reinforcing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true, thanks.
Reply 82
Original post by ChickenMadness
you got 3 types of people tbh

desperate betas, skanky girls, normal people.

The skanky girls can go off with the desperate betas and I won't care at all, not even angry about stuff like that happening, just shaking my head at the desperation of the betas wasting all their money on a silly skank. I'll stick with the normal people and not spend a penny on any skanky girl while having a good time.

I assume you are an 'alpha' then?
Original post by Top Queen
There is quite a difference between a holiday and a hotel room though, just saying personally, I still think (with the example you've given) he contributes more.

It was one example - I guess I wasn't clear, it was a trip away for which I organised travel etc and paid for meals. The holiday was a pretty big thing from him and a birthday gift, and I'd got him a pretty expensive birthday present as well. I'm not counting the pennies but it's pretty fair.
Original post by Dnator
I assume you are an 'alpha' then?

neh. I'm part of the normal people group
Reply 85
This thread is an excellent example of why I refuse to pay for girls; to avoid the sort of women who believe that a vagina entitles them to living on a man's hard graft.
Reply 86
Money isn't an issue for me, we both come from very wealthy families, his wealthier than mine but I don't see cost as important.

Money's obviously the issue. You brought it up. You do a lot of talking but you don't seem to back up your views, plus you seem very vague about things.

Well. You're vagina isn't stopping you from paying for things, neither is there a law saying that you must not use your money as your bits are preventing this.

You don't catch me as wealthy. Just rather silly. Wealthy people don't care about money that much, nor do they care about who fronts bills etc.

Oh, one question. Why would you have an issue with him paying for something like a hotel room, or "anything" like that?
Women expect equality yet also expect men to pay everything for them. That's double standards and it annoys me. I'm sorry but you've got to take the disadvantages of equality as well as equality - you cant pick and choose - hence why it's called equality. Unless a birthday or anniversary treat, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS split.

Regardless of partner's gender, he/she should always pay his/her own way and I pay mine.
Reply 88
Original post by Scott.
Money's obviously the issue. You brought it up. You do a lot of talking but you don't seem to back up your views, plus you seem very vague about things.

Well. You're vagina isn't stopping you from paying for things, neither is there a law saying that you must not use your money as your bits are preventing this.

You don't catch me as wealthy. Just rather silly. Wealthy people don't care about money that much, nor do they care about who fronts bills etc.

Oh, one question. Why would you have an issue with him paying for something like a hotel room, or "anything" like that?

LOOOL. Okay. Read through my previous posts for your answers. I hope you find them.
Reply 89
I see the OP is 16/17 years old. Makes more sense now.
Original post by Scott.
But I was thinking more along the lines of a rich, good looking man. A celebrity for example.

You don't think celebrities would throw their money around and buy stuff to impress girls? Or, have trophy wives for that matter?
Reply 91
Original post by Dnator
I see the OP is 16/17 years old. Makes more sense now.

I am 18.
Reply 92
LOOOL. Okay. Read through my previous posts for your answers. I hope you find them.

You said cost isn't an issue, and you feel as though you don't have to pay for anything. But yet you have an issue with him paying for an hotel room, which isn't that expensive.

I'll ask you again.

Why does being female make you "feel" entitled?

Why are you having such difficulty answering an easy question?

If you thinks it's because it might make you look bad, that won't be much of a problem.....
Reply 93
I am 18.

Oh, then I must apologise! Kids paying for their girlfriends dinner with money their dad gave them is hardly an adult situation is it.
I think it's cute, I remember watching an interview with JayZ and he spoke about the fact that he hates letting Beyonce pay for things and although people think it's such an outdated thing to do, it's a mans job. I simply agree, I think it's the mans job, sorry to sound so old fashioned, but then again I don't agree with a lot of the things that are happening in today's society.

So should women go back to being housewives and not being able to earn? Because THATS where the expectation for the guy to pay came from - women couldn't work so couldn't pay.
Why, may I ask, do you believe that gender should dictate your role?
Reply 95
Original post by Dnator
Oh, then I must apologise! Kids paying for their girlfriends dinner with money their dad gave them is hardly an adult situation is it.

Nobody said this was an adult situation?
Reply 96
Original post by joker12345
You don't think celebrities would throw their money around and buy stuff to impress girls? Or, have trophy wives for that matter?

Good looking ones probably wouldn't need trophy wives no.
Reply 97
Original post by joker12345
So should women go back to being housewives and not being able to earn? Because THATS where the expectation for the guy to pay came from - women couldn't work so couldn't pay.
Why, may I ask, do you believe that gender should dictate your role?

I don't think it should dictate at all, but I do think it should be influenced.
Reply 98
I am 18.

There we go.
Reply 99
Nobody said this was an adult situation?

Well you are asking if it is good for the man to pay? I wouldn't really class this situation as that seen as he is a boy asking his dad for pocket money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending