The Student Room Group

Making friends with a girl over Twitter

So, I have this girl I'm following on Twitter and she is also following me. I actually followed her because she seems to have some of the same interests as me.

I would actually like to make friends with her, but how can I do this without her pushing me away?
I want to make a good impression on her.

Would be grateful for any advice:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Get to know her, make sure she isn't just a user account solely existing to waste your time
If she tweets something you like, reply in a manner that isn't too pushy obvs. I love talking to strangers on Twitter, I doubt she'll think it's weird.
Well we got talking. Would actually like to ask her out eventually...but not till I know her better and then perhaps we can move beyond being friends.
Hang out with her! :tsr:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd like to but she actually lives in Scotland and I live in Clevedon. Basically its not exactly a short distance!
Reply 6
Allow it, man. Nothing will come of this. :holmes:
I know a guy who met his ex-girlfriend over twitter. Not sure if she was hot though. Go for it
A cheeky retweet will work wonders.
So, we chatted but now its kind of got left...she is really pretty and I would like to ask her out, never met someone who has as much of the same interests as I do. Its just I don't want to sound awkward and weird, how would I do it on Twitter? Is it even worth it?
Original post by ChrisLay1
So, we chatted but now its kind of got left...she is really pretty and I would like to ask her out, never met someone who has as much of the same interests as I do. Its just I don't want to sound awkward and weird, how would I do it on Twitter? Is it even worth it?

It would be weird to ask her out since you live so far away. Just keep talking to her until you get her number and let it progress from there and eventually she might start to like you too.
Well we got talking. Would actually like to ask her out eventually...but not till I know her better and then perhaps we can move beyond being friends.

This won't end well lol. One step at a time... Get her number first it's so early to be even thinking about more than friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I do get to finding out her number though, how am I going to ask that without it sounding creepy? Plus, I still don't know if she's actually single...Haven't asked.
Reply 13
So, I have this girl I'm following on Twitter and she is also following me. I actually followed her because she seems to have some of the same interests as me.

I would actually like to make friends with her, but how can I do this without her pushing me away?
I want to make a good impression on her.

Would be grateful for any advice:smile:

Start the long and progressive cycles of re-tweets, favouriting, mentioning, etc.

Then when she is reciprocating, which if she likes she will, send her a DM message simply saying "Hi". See where it goes from there..

Have fun..
Original post by Kasa
Start the long and progressive cycles of re-tweets, favouriting, mentioning, etc.

Then when she is reciprocating, which if she likes she will, send her a DM message simply saying "Hi". See where it goes from there..

Have fun..

Reciprocating as in favouriting my tweets, retweeting them, that sort of thing?
Reply 15
Reciprocating as in favouriting my tweets, retweeting them, that sort of thing?

Yes..

Do you have a picture of yourself as an avatar?

Does she know what you look like?
Yes and vice versa. I guess I could post the pic on here if necessary.
(edited 9 years ago)
Attachment not found

Me...
Original post by Kasa
Yes..

Do you have a picture of yourself as an avatar?

Does she know what you look like?

I've posted a pic of myself on here. Its my current Twitter pic.
Reply 19
I've posted a pic of myself on here. Its my current Twitter pic.

Good.. Try getting as much followers asap, Influence is power..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending