The Student Room Group

Made complaint against my manager for bullying

I work in retail and made a complaint today against my bullying boss.

I have evidence of his nit-picking going back 2 years which I have written down, like the advice always tell me to.

However, he has said that he can't remember any of my evidence :rolleyes:

And to make matters worse, he thinks he is going to get statements from other colleagues in the shop to give him a good character reference that he isn't a bully. :rolleyes:

And I think HR fell for it.

What difference does it make if other people say he isn't a bully? HOW WOULD THEY KNOW HE IS BULLYING ME ANYWAY? I certainly wouldn't tell them. :rolleyes:
I think that the best way to deal with it would be to buy a small, concealable recording device, and record times when he has bullied you, so that if it does go further, you have solid evidence of what he has said. The problem with writing it down is that it is your word against his. If you record it, then there's hard evidence.

I hope it all works out for you.
To be fair, you are a complete moron, I'm with him on this one.
Original post by LaughingKitsune
I think that the best way to deal with it would be to buy a small, concealable recording device, and record times when he has bullied you, so that if it does go further, you have solid evidence of what he has said. The problem with writing it down is that it is your word against his. If you record it, then there's hard evidence.

I hope it all works out for you.

Isn't it illegal to do that?
Not that I'm aware. It's surveillance for personal safety. It's not as though you're spying on him in the shower or in his home.
Original post by LaughingKitsune
Not that I'm aware. It's surveillance for personal safety. It's not as though you're spying on him in the shower or in his home.

I think you'll find it's called entrapment. :s-smilie: I shall just have to beat him some other way.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I think you'll find it's called entrapment. :s-smilie: I shall just have to beat him some other way.

Yeah. Ah well, it was worth a thought, though.

Actually, you could go to a company that deals with whistleblowing. You could complain to your manager there, and you would be protected by law.

I assume you're from the UK, so this link may be useful: http://www.safecall.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKEAjw8_idBRCExfC15My3owwSJACSDX_WrKtCoDIXHUgeCdMH2BFR_gy4dtStopJn0-Rl063t_xoCLpjw_wcB

If not, then I'm sure that, wherever you're from, there are other services just like this one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending