The Student Room Group

Girls, what are your immediate reactions when you catch a boy seeing/touching you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Girls, what are your immediate reactions when you catch a boy seeing/touching you?

Looking is fine (though damn right staring is creepy) but if some cheeky bastard decides to start touching me up (and it has happened many times) without my permission I will smack the ****er. It is sexual assault and I will not tolerate it.
A little touching(I mean on the arm etc) can be hot if the guys hot if he isn't then CREEPY
What about holding your waist with one hand, if they need to squeeze past you in a tight space like the dancefloor?
Original post by MrEFeynman
What about holding your waist with one hand, if they need to squeeze past you in a tight space like the dancefloor?

It really depends on the girl and her personal space boundaries. Many would probably be uncomfortable about it, others wouldn't mind so much as. This one for me would really depend on the guy and how he went about doing it, in most cases this would be okay but if the guy sqouze a little inappropriately or his hand went a little bit too south I would be very annoyed.
What if the person touching you is your teacher? Would you still hit them?
Original post by Autistic Merit
What if the person touching you is your teacher? Would you still hit them?

If it was inappropriate touching I would report them for the good of all pupils.
Pinching bums is a no no.

Regardless.

If however i know him/ find him slightly attractive. Then a subtle hand on my waist/low back is welcome.

However a very old guy who is senior to my father did this once, and it made me feel uncomfortable.

Staring is awkward.
Original post by MrEFeynman

I actually hate that.

I don't know, it's just an invasion of my personal space. And I hate being 'manoeuvred' out the way anyway.
Original post by TolerantBeing
I actually hate that.

I don't know, it's just an invasion of my personal space. And I hate being 'manoeuvred' out the way anyway.

Would you prefer it if they tapped you on your shoulder and asked you to move out of the way instead?
It depends...

I don't mind people looking/glancing from time to time. If you turn around and see a guy constantly staring, I'd avoid eye contact by turning my back to them.

I would probably act in a negative way if someone put their arm around me. I like my own space. :biggrin:
Original post by Autistic Merit
Would you prefer it if they tapped you on your shoulder and asked you to move out of the way instead?

Definitely! I'm probably not representative of everyone in my dislike for it though it's just a pet peeve of mine.
If they are looking at me, as creepy as it can be sometimes, its not harming me anyway so its nothing to get wound up over. If someone I didnt know or like touched me, especially in a 'restricted area' so to speak, I would flip out at them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I suppose the how ok you are with the touching has to do with how attracted you are to him. But if it's a total stranger, I would totally slap him, but if it's someone I actually like then I suppose I'm ok with it, as long as he doesn't touch me in weird places, if you know what i mean

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending