The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you ever approach a pretty girl who wears a hijab?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I always do and 0/10 times it works

*pretty ones of course
Usually no but it depends
nope
Nope. Not in a million years.

The hair frames the face and is a key part of a girl's prettiness and my attraction to her.
Original post by Ribbit1234
Shes buff. Why would she go for you

loled
Reply 125
Original post by ElChapo
They will most likely have arranged marriages right? I believe that is Islamic tradition..I may be wrong.

In answer to OP no I Dont approach them, not that I'm particularly known to approach loads of girls as you put it, but I just feel as though they wish not to be bothered

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my days! This is so annoying- OK let me confirm I am a Muslim girl and none of my family have had an arranged marriage. I believe that arranged marriage is not right as how can you love a person you haven't really met before? Arranged marriage is cultural not anything to do with religion. A girl mentioned this quote already on this thread but I'll repeat it, in the Hadith it says: "There is nothing like marriage for the two who love each other."- I hope this cleared that up.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 126
Original post by Anonymous
So you're a hijaby right, I know this is a random question but how would you like to get married? In the sense that do you want to find someone for yourself or you let your parents do the work? I'm a Muslim guy and want to know how this process works in this society, back home for me its usually my mum finding me girls and me having the final say but I'd rather find my own wife..

Ellow I'm Muslim and I hope to meet someone, I dont know why people think Muslims have arranged marriages- none of my family have!
Reply 127
Original post by cem101
no because i hate hi jabs. its a sign that a woman is not comfortable being themselves and is conforming to the desires of men, this shows weak will which is unattractive...

also i should clear up I'm muslim before people create a mob outside my house.

Complete opposite! Girls with Hijabs are I would say more comfortable with themselves than any other girl because they are comfortable with their religion and comfortable with themselves in wearing a Hijab. If I was uncomfortable then wouldn't I not wear it? That dont make any sense.

Lol wait you think Hijabi girls are weak?! Have you met one?!!!!!!!!!
Point of the hijab is not to attract attention. So the decent guys who respect that won't approach you.

The fact that you're asking this seems like you want guys' attention. If that's the case there is no point in wearing the hijab and you might As well take it off. You will then get more male attention

Posted from TSR Mobile
never, seen some hot girls with one though.
No. It's a shame because some are really pretty, but I'm not interested in having religion in my life.
Original post by tj_321
Complete opposite! Girls with Hijabs are I would say more comfortable with themselves than any other girl because they are comfortable with their religion and comfortable with themselves in wearing a Hijab. If I was uncomfortable then wouldn't I not wear it? That dont make any sense.

Lol wait you think Hijabi girls are weak?! Have you met one?!!!!!!!!!

yes, as a muslim i see them all the time, thats why i said i don't think hijabs should be banned, they give muslim women the confidence to be whoever they want to be when their lives have been limited in the generations beforehand, nearly all hijabis i know are forced to wear it by their family and have grown find of it. it makes me sad when i see 5 year olds walking around like a hijabi, this to me proves that when their parents look at them they don't see a little innocent child but see the potential for someone to see them as a turn on which makes me sick.
Reply 132
Original post by cem101
yes, as a muslim i see them all the time, thats why i said i don't think hijabs should be banned, they give muslim women the confidence to be whoever they want to be when their lives have been limited in the generations beforehand, nearly all hijabis i know are forced to wear it by their family and have grown find of it. it makes me sad when i see 5 year olds walking around like a hijabi, this to me proves that when their parents look at them they don't see a little innocent child but see the potential for someone to see them as a turn on which makes me sick.

Really you think Hijabis are forced by parents? Then you know some really old fashioned people. Everyone I know who wears a Hijab was by their own choice. Our life is not limited, I dont see how you can disagree with me when I AM a Hijabi and im telling you this.
Another argument about people wearing headscarf...

Fact is some people are forced and some people choose to wear it.

I don't get how that simple fact causes argument :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.

I don't approach anyone :frown:
Reply 135
the whole point of the hijab is to repel any attention so I don't think so
Original post by cobalion955
I'll ask her mutual friends then. It'll be awkward because all her friends are girls. Both of us don't do free mixing. And yes I am Asian, but she's not. She's African.

Where in africa is she from??
Original post by Anonymous
Where in africa is she from??

Algeria originally, but born in France and raised in the UK. For me Gujarat originally and I was born and raised in the UK so we both speak English.
Original post by cobalion955
Algeria originally, but born in France and raised in the UK. For me Gujarat originally and I was born and raised in the UK so we both speak English.

I've never seen someone call an algerian african lol. People just say they are arabs :tongue:
Don't think they are allowed to outside their culture else bad things happen to them...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending