The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you ever approach a pretty girl who wears a hijab?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
QUESTION TO MUSLIM GIRLS:

do you talk about marriage/boys with your friends frequently?

i.e

A: Omg mashallah he's so well mannered, smart and hes handsome
B: yeah he is!
C: inshaAllah I'd like to marry someone like him
A: eww u slutty bitch
ABC: *laugh hysterically*

Loooooooooooool what kind of conversation is that? It starts off normal and then descends into insanity :lol:

i.e

haha yeah I imagined, I added that in just for the lols :smile: are Muslims girls shallow? i.e how much do you care about looks/money, and if you don't mind, what do you look for in potential husbies.

Gosh, I hate it when people ask questions like these and put all muslim girls in one box. There are millions of muslims who come from different backgrounds and we are all individuals with OWN personalities. Nobody can speak for all girls.

And I have a long list but my top things are pious, humble, kindhearted, makes me laugh (very important) and respectful.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Gosh, I hate it when people ask questions like these and put all muslim girls in one box. There are millions of muslims who come from different backgrounds and we are all individuals with OWN personalities. Nobody can speak for all girls.

And I have a long list but my top things are pious, humble, kindhearted, makes me laugh (very important) and respectful.

You're naming all the qualities which I looked for. I thought I'd never find anyone with all of those but I found her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i.e

haha yeah I imagined, I added that in just for the lols :smile: are Muslims girls shallow? i.e how much do you care about looks/money, and if you don't mind, what do you look for in potential husbies.

Lmao hmm well personally (I don't think it matters what I think but whatevs :biggrin:) I'd like the guy to be average looking and have a beard :redface:
Looks do matter a little bit but I think it's mainly their character and how they treat people (piety included)...
Original post by cobalion955
You're naming all the qualities which I looked for. I thought I'd never find anyone with all of those but I found her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know why but you crack me up :lol:
There are so many different designs and material. There are also so many different ways of wearing it. How can it 'just' look ugly? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that it represents inequality and oppression is reason enough for it to be ugly.
Original post by cobalion955

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you said you havent talked to her much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Biryani007
Lmao hmm well personally (I don't think it matters what I think but whatevs :biggrin:) I'd like the guy to be average looking and have a beard :redface:
Looks do matter a little bit but I think it's mainly their character and how they treat people (piety included)...

fair enough, im a muslim guy and im very shallow, all i go for is looks so yeah.

i kid, just if ur wondering, for me its: personality (mainly how smart u are and if we can have a nice convo), how religious they are, looks (i dnt massively care because if i like a girl, to me they'd be a 10/10)

i.e

Looooooooool!!! No hardly, we mostly talk about uni and our plans for the future. ATM its our girls vacation and staying in London for a few months :biggrin: However my friends and I know our preferences, we're not the most devoted and religious, we're somewhat normal by society's standards. And my friends are those kind of girls who look beautiful with or without a hijab :colondollar: so they probably will end up finding their own spouses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheYorkist
Of course yes. I would approach anyone if I need directions to somewhere or for whatever reason. But I get the feeling you mean on a date or friendship? It would be impossible to say if she was pretty anyway if she wore it constantly; nevertheless, I would. I'm naturally curious and believe everyone has a story to tell well beyond their physical appearances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This, I like.
Original post by TheTechN1304
The fact that it represents inequality and oppression is reason enough for it to be ugly.

How on earth does wearing a hijab make you feel oppressed. I and almost every single woman who wears hijab that I know say it liberates them. Ironically, I would feel oppressed without my hijab. I chose to wear a hijab and it is honestly one of the most beautiful things about Islam. It is the complete opposite of what you think it represents

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just curious :smile:

Original post by Kutta
Harrraaaaammmmm

Pretty much. Why would you approach a girl who either will say no, or would be breaking something dear to her to be with you?
fair enough, im a muslim guy and im very shallow, all i go for is looks so yeah.
i kid, just if ur wondering, for me its: personality (mainly how smart u are and if we can have a nice convo), how religious they are, looks (i dnt massively care because if i like a girl, to me they'd be a 10/10)

The last bit...obvs she'd be more likely to be 10/10 if you like/go for the more attractive girls :rolleyes:
Oh yeah. I know just cos she wears a hijab dnt mean she's not naughty :P
But you said you havent talked to her much

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've asked third parties about her qualities and she matched everything I was looking for. I thought she was extremely beautiful straight away but if her qualities didn't match what I was looking for I wouldn't consider wanting to marry her. It was mainly when I heard she was pious that attracted me the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How on earth does wearing a hijab make you feel oppressed. I and almost every single woman who wears hijab that I know say it liberates them. Ironically, I would feel oppressed without my hijab. I chose to wear a hijab and it is honestly one of the most beautiful things about Islam. It is the complete opposite of what you think it represents

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of the time Muslim women have no choice and are forced to wear the hijab. Tell me, why did you choose to wear it and not a burqa/niqab? And I honestly have no idea why you feel liberated wearing it. Care to share?

Also, it does represent inequality. Do Muslim men wear the hijab/burqa/niqab? No. If Islam were an equal religion where women were actually treated as equals, they wouldn't be forced to wear clothing to cover themselves up for 'modesty'.

The public opinion on the hijab is negative, and considering you're more likely to face discrimination wearing one, I'm bit baffled as to why you think it's 'beautiful'.
I'm a Muslimah and having read a lot of this thread, the simplest solution : stay single. I intend of travelling the world, doing international relief work; if the right guy comes along than yay if he doesn't then life goes on.
Original post by Biryani007
The last bit...obvs she'd be more likely to be 10/10 if you like/go for the more attractive girls :rolleyes:

i've previously spent time with a girl that others thought is a 7-8/10 and before i started to like her i was like yeah shes within those limits. when i spent two weeks with her she was the most beautiful girl i've ever laid eyes on... unfortunately she still is :frown:
Original post by FatmanO
I'm a Muslimah and having read a lot of this thread, the simplest solution : stay single. I intend of travelling the world, doing international relief work; if the right guy comes along than yay if he doesn't then life goes on.

don't you look forward to finding someone amazing and starting a family with him? cos i do..., the way u made it sound was as if ur like 'meh whateva'
Original post by FatmanO

:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending