The Student Room Group

Jobcentre making me go on Daily Signing. Can I do anything to prevent it?

Scroll to see replies

if you are going to uni you dont need job seekers allowance because you arent looking for a job, whats the problem?
Original post by Ana81
This

I used to B.S the job centre all the time.. even cried once they lapped it up, I walked out laughing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know someone who used to work in the jobcentre and I've heard stories about people going mental when being told they were going to be sanctioned. As soon as they started screaming and shouting at the staff they would give them their money just to get them out the building.
Reply 42
Original post by Ana81
why? I've paid tax since I was 16, I signed on for under three months yet they treated myself and others like we were scum.. its like they are unaware of there being considerably less jobs than there are people, but then again you get stuckup mummies boys like you who look down on people if they dont have a job so infact its people like you who disgust me.

R.I.P

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Girl.

And maybe expand on your comments a bit. You just said that you bull**** the job centre and walk out laughing... What do you expect people (tax-payers) to take from that? So expect to be judged if you say stupid things.
Reply 43
Original post by xloisx
*Girl.

And maybe expand on your comments a bit. You just said that you bull**** the job centre and walk out laughing... What do you expect people (tax-payers) to take from that? So expect to be judged if you say stupid things.

Not worth my time tbh its only TSR bots, your opinion means ****all tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonn123
That's what I was thinking to be honest.

My advisor seems totally depressed and probably envious of the fact I'm going to have an incredible 4 years at University leading to a nice job while he's stuck at the Jobcentre. I just should've never mentioned it. It's far too coincidental to not be the case.

Uni doesn't guarantee a good job, so you might want to put this disillusion away
Original post by scrotgrot
You've fallen into the divide and rule trap. Benefits need to be given out, they are needed for survival, they boost the economy (particularly the local economy), they cost the public purse nothing that could be used for other expenditure (except for state pensions and housing benefit, which would require paradigm shifts in other areas) and they should be unconditional.

Unfortunately there is no political will to remove the pointless conditionality on benefits, and name them appropriately, as most taxpayers are worried about the spectre of the uncouth family at the end of the road smoking fags and watching Sky on their dime. They want those people to suffer and be exploited just as they themselves are at work.

Hate the people who push you around, not the people they set you up to hate as scapegoats.

I have been on the dole too by the way prior to university (before it got like it is today).

Irrelevant. He is submitting verifiable evidence of job searches, presumably attending interviews where he gets them, and intends to work for 5 weeks if he can get a job. (Why wouldn't he, he has the time and it will pay about three times as well). Nowhere do the rules say you can't claim JSA if you're only searching for a job for the next 5 weeks.

Job centre advisors don't give two hoots about saving the state money and they know better than anyone that it's all a con. They care about protecting their most vulnerable cases and that means anyone who's a bit better off unfortunately has to walk the plank first so targets are met. They collaborate with the target regime because they know otherwise they'll soon be the ones sitting the other side of the desk.

Sometimes, you make great posts.
Original post by xloisx
*Girl.

Do you know what % of benefits spending is spent on JSA?

3%.

www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/08/uk-benefit-welfare-spending

It's so irritating when people make out that JSA is a massive burden to the tax payer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TolerantBeing
Sometimes, you make great posts.

Only sometimes? :wink:
Original post by scrotgrot
Only sometimes? :wink:

When you aren't posting anti-feminist rants :wink:
Original post by jam278
Also the people putting you on daily signing, the jobcentre people are all jealous of you, a lot of them didn't go to university.

You could be right. Judging from some of the stories I've heard, it sounds as if the decisions are pretty arbitrary and often based on the opinions of the DWP person you happen to be assigned to.
Original post by Anonn123
That's what I was thinking to be honest.

My advisor seems totally depressed and probably envious of the fact I'm going to have an incredible 4 years at University leading to a nice job while he's stuck at the Jobcentre. I just should've never mentioned it. It's far too coincidental to not be the case.

You sound like an awful person. At least he's got a job whilst you take out loans you'll never pay back in the hope of a job you probably won't get just so you can get drunk every night for four years.
When you aren't posting anti-feminist rants :wink:

You love it really :biggrin:
Reply 52
Do you know what % of benefits spending is spent on JSA?

3%.

www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/08/uk-benefit-welfare-spending

It's so irritating when people make out that JSA is a massive burden to the tax payer.

And I hate it when people support sponging off the benefit system.
Reply 53
Original post by xloisx

Yes because the man who can't find a job and needs benefits to survive is a sponger. Seriously growup, you probs grt everything handed to you by mummy and daddy yet look down on others who have to rough it out. Stop being a stuckup snob, alot of people dont have a choice, I remember spending my benefits on bus tickets to go to interviews and handing out CVs. Did I feel like a sponger not atall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xloisx

Because there's so many of them aren't there. Yes, the majority of people on benefits aren't genuine, they're sponging off of the innocent tax payer so they can buy their six-pack of Stella.

Go read the DM where you belong, so you can moan about the masses of sponges in council flats with their 40 inch TVs and brand new Range Rovers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Ana81
Yes because the man who can't find a job and needs benefits to survive is a sponger. Seriously growup, you probs grt everything handed to you by mummy and daddy yet look down on others who have to rough it out. Stop being a stuckup snob, alot of people dont have a choice, I remember spending my benefits on bus tickets to go to interviews and handing out CVs. Did I feel like a sponger not atall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I gave up on you ages ago.
Reply 56
Because there's so many of them aren't there. Yes, the majority of people on benefits aren't genuine, they're sponging off of the innocent tax payer so they can buy their six-pack of Stella.

Go read the DM where you belong, so you can moan about the masses of sponges in council flats with their 40 inch TVs and brand new Range Rovers.

Get real. If there's nobody moaning about it then there's nobody to shame the spongers for it. Therefore, we get more people on benefits because there's no diminishing of pride. It's as simple as that.
Original post by xloisx
Get real. If there's nobody moaning about it then there's nobody to shame the spongers for it. Therefore, we get more people on benefits because there's no diminishing of pride. It's as simple as that.

It's hard to be proud when you're starving.

OP, I guess you're just going to have to live with it, maybe see if there's anything you can get towards transport if it's that far.
Reply 58
Original post by minimarshmallow
It's hard to be proud when you're starving.

The only way you'll starve on benefits is if you've spent your whole allowance on alcohol and fags. Which is why I believe benefits should be given in a rationing type way. So things can only be purchased with vouchers for specific products needed for survival like food, nappies and clothes vouchers that are only accepted in shops like Primark.
Original post by xloisx
The only way you'll starve on benefits is if you've spent your whole allowance on alcohol and fags. Which is why I believe benefits should be given in a rationing type way. So things can only be purchased with vouchers for specific products needed for survival like food, nappies and clothes vouchers that are only accepted in shops like Primark.

Why do people need to be shamed and 'have pride' etc. if they are using their benefits properly?
People who need benefits should not be shamed for needing benefits, particularly not to reduce the number of people on benefits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending