The Student Room Group

Waiting for clearing to be accepted

So I have a verbal offer which has been accepted. But I'm waiting for them to accept the University to accept my application on UCAS.
Anyone still waiting like me? It's been over two hours since I put it on. Worry is taking over though I don't feel I need too.
Relax :biggrin: Unis never renege on offers like that. Congrats on getting a place.
It's 7.10pm so entirely possible that the relevant people have gone home :sadnod: It ought to be sorted tomorrow.
Reply 3
Original post by LMCampbell
So I have a verbal offer which has been accepted. But I'm waiting for them to accept the University to accept my application on UCAS.
Anyone still waiting like me? It's been over two hours since I put it on. Worry is taking over though I don't feel I need too.

It's quite late on in the day now and you may have to wait until tomorrow. Staff may be busy with other things or may have gone home.
Original post by rockrunride
Relax :biggrin: Unis never renege on offers like that. Congrats on getting a place.

i just received a clearing email offer from roehampton after calling them, but on the email they got my date of birth wrong by one month, will this affect my offer? i am really worried and panicking!! i also tried looking at other universities that are closer since i live in london and roehampton is quite far and will be quite expensive and very long to travel to but the other universities i have called only offer me foundation degrees. should i do a foundation degree at a uni that is closer or a full on degree at a uni that is further away? should i apply for a different course entirely argh i am so confused:frown:
Reply 5
Right, thanks all, I guess I just needed some reassurance :smile:
Original post by TheGameOfScience
i just received a clearing email offer from roehampton after calling them, but on the email they got my date of birth wrong by one month, will this affect my offer? i am really worried and panicking!! i also tried looking at other universities that are closer since i live in london and roehampton is quite far and will be quite expensive and very long to travel to but the other universities i have called only offer me foundation degrees. should i do a foundation degree at a uni that is closer or a full on degree at a uni that is further away? should i apply for a different course entirely argh i am so confused:frown:

Don't worry. I don't know the ins and outs of the potential impact of a commute on your uni experience, so you'll have to weigh up on whether the commute will be worth it for a full degree. If cost is the main issue, remember that a foundation year will pile it on more than a commute will. Roehampton typoing your DOB shouldn't be a problem at all. Just add them on UCAS if you haven't already and await their response, if you want to, of course.

Best of luck.
Don't worry. I don't know the ins and outs of the potential impact of a commute on your uni experience, so you'll have to weigh up on whether the commute will be worth it for a full degree. If cost is the main issue, remember that a foundation year will pile it on more than a commute will. Roehampton typoing your DOB shouldn't be a problem at all. Just add them on UCAS if you haven't already and await their response, if you want to, of course.

Best of luck.

Thank you for replying! i hope its not a problem, they got my personal id right! the date of birth out by just a month, i havent accpted it yet because i am looking to see other options as well, i have until 2morro at 6pm to accept, if i wait till 2 morro at 10 am or 3 pm is there a chance that they could reject me, also i dont understand why uni's lower than roehampton doesnt offer me, yet roehampton just offers me, is that a bad sign?
Thank you for replying! i hope its not a problem, they got my personal id right! the date of birth out by just a month, i havent accpted it yet because i am looking to see other options as well, i have until 2morro at 6pm to accept, if i wait till 2 morro at 10 am or 3 pm is there a chance that they could reject me, also i dont understand why uni's lower than roehampton doesnt offer me, yet roehampton just offers me, is that a bad sign?

Reply to the offer before the deadline, but keep researching options. You may find something you like a lot more.
Reply 9
I'm in the same boat right now. Saw on another thread that UCAS is having some technical difficulties so that could be it.
Reply to the offer before the deadline, but keep researching options. You may find something you like a lot more.

could i still do that! i thought that once you accept it you have to go there? oh since they offered me do i have to go on track and type the course details myself or will their offer be visible to me on tack?
could i still do that! i thought that once you accept it you have to go there? oh since they offered me do i have to go on track and type the course details myself or will their offer be visible to me on tack?

You have to select the course on Track and they'll accept it if they've made a verbal offer :biggrin:
Reply 12
Yeah I just noticed this now: http://www.ucas.com/clearing-choices
You have to select the course on Track and they'll accept it if they've made a verbal offer :biggrin:

ohhh so i have to actually press add clearing choice and type the uni number and they will accept me due to the offer email they sent?
ohhh so i have to actually press add clearing choice and type the uni number and they will accept me due to the offer email they sent?

Spot on.
Spot on.

ohhhhhhhhh thank you for telling and clarifying that!! i thought that they had to send you an offer on track or something then you accept it lol
ohhhhhhhhh thank you for telling and clarifying that!! i thought that they had to send you an offer on track or something then you accept it lol

No worries. Enjoy it.
No worries. Enjoy it.

haha i'll try to thank you, oh btw one more question sorry aha, how much does a foundation degree cost? and is it worth it? especially at UEL?
haha i'll try to thank you, oh btw one more question sorry aha, how much does a foundation degree cost? and is it worth it? especially at UEL?

Which course? The info should be fairly clear on the UEL website :wink:

No worries, it's what we're here for.
Which course? The info should be fairly clear on the UEL website :wink:

No worries, it's what we're here for.

science foundation, i find it hard to find it lol :facepalm: arghh my minds all over the place atm but i would consider that one of my choices lol. thanks:biggrin: glad your here for us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending