The Student Room Group

Missed my offers now clearing?

I got my results yesterday and unfortunately they aren't what I was expecting (I got BCD). Ive been looking around for clearing and as I applied for Psychology there are some which look great but Im not sure if I should bother calling them e.g Southampton is AAB. However I have heard a lot of success stories with clearing, a friend of mine got into Swansea through clearing when he got CDU for a BBB course. My question is should I bother calling unis who are after higher grades than me? And what is the best advice you can give me for clearing
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dagnarms Finest
I got my results yesterday and unfortunately they aren't what I was expecting (I got BCD). Ive been looking around for clearing and as I applied for Psychology there are some which look great but Im not sure if I should bother calling them e.g Southampton is AAB. However I have heard a lot of success stories with

:hugs: sorry to hear that. I was in clearing too this year. I'd give southampton a call (but other ones aswell with lower requirements), I've heard them accepting people with the same grades. There's no harm in trying.
Original post by anonymouspie227
:hugs: sorry to hear that. I was in clearing too this year. I'd give southampton a call (but other ones aswell with lower requirements), I've heard them accepting people with the same grades. There's no harm in trying.

Yeah Im considering waiting a day then calling them as they may be more desperate to fill the remaining places. Do you mind me asking what your experience in clearing was?
Original post by Dagnarms Finest
Yeah Im considering waiting a day then calling them as they may be more desperate to fill the remaining places. Do you mind me asking what your experience in clearing was?

Did you call anyone yesterday or today?
My experience was good, but stressful lol. I listed uni choices, that i'd be likely to get into based on my results (I had a written plan). I got my results in the morning. And I phoned the university I wanted to go to and they gave me a verbal offer. All they asked for was my name, my A level results and my ucas id (not the clearing number), they then said I have a certain amount of time to put them as my clearing choice. I had to wait till 5pm to put them in. (you can add a choice at any time, now, I believe, because it's not results day anymore) I then got confirmation from ucas today that I had been accepted. Now, I'm sorting out accommodation. Good luck, you'll be fine. I don't know how long it takes for vacancies to fill but I'd phone up soonish, just so you don't miss out.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending