The Student Room Group

Guys Would You Raise Another Mans kids

Basically One black geezer (not mixed race) came into my shop,got chatting and he told me hes raising his ex birds WHITE kid as his own. Pays for private school for him.
Kid even calls him dad. Thought it was a tad stupid,extremely weird but fair play to him.
Seemed like a good guys.

Personally I would never involve myself in something like that.
Could never raise a next mans child. but yeah would you?

Scroll to see replies

That's really sweet...and why not?
I'd rather not ie given choice between woman with no kids and woman with kids I'd take the former.

But life doesn't always work like that especially if you have few options.
Original post by matthewduncan
Basically One black geezer (not mixed race) came into my shop,got chatting and he told me hes raising his ex birds WHITE kid as his own. Pays for private school for him.
Kid even calls him dad. Thought it was a tad stupid,extremely weird but fair play to him.
Seemed like a good guys.

Yes, without hesitation. Can't see why you wouldn't.

I also know others who do. It's not even unusual these days.

(Short of a lottery win, I couldn't afford private school, though. Also, I'm not convinced private school is best for children, but that's a whole other issue.)

Out of interest, how much importance do you attach to the race of the people involved? (I ask only because you've put white in capitals.)
Original post by Man with no name
Yes, without hesitation. Can't see why you wouldn't.

I also know others who do. It's not even unusual these days.

(Short of a lottery win, I couldn't afford private school, though. Also, I'm not convinced private school is best for children, but that's a whole other issue.)

Out of interest, how much importance do you attach to the race of the people involved? (I ask only because you've put white in capitals.)

For the most part i put white in capital because its something that ive never come across before.
The race is slightly important because its weird and it has all the symptoms for a recipe for disaster but i think what the guy is doing is a good thing.Minus letting him call him dad.
Personally I dont care what colour you are im not raising another mans child
For the most part i put white in capital because its something that ive never come across before.
The race is slightly important because its weird and it has all the symptoms for a recipe for disaster but i think what the guy is doing is a good thing.Minus letting him call him dad.
Personally I dont care what colour you are im not raising another mans child

I still don't see a problem with it. What symptoms does it have?
Nah fam

Desperate geeza
Original post by Man with no name
I still don't see a problem with it. What symptoms does it have?

Well for instance the guy told me the kid already gets a bit confused and he gets picked on in school.
Not that i condone bullying btw.
But a black parent raising a white child aint something you see everyday.
Could not respect a man who did this, regardless of whatever else he's done with his life. All respect gone
Only if for some reason, I couldn't/didn't have kids of my own.
Well yeah you kinda have to if you fall for a woman who already has kids of her own.
Better he pays than the state?

Alpha lays,Beta pays sometimes..

You take the cow..you take the calf(s)..
Seemed like a good guys.

Why would I help someone else to pass on their genes when I could be passing on my own?
Original post by Fry_Cook_of_Doom
Why would I help someone else to pass on their genes when I could be passing on my own?

Perhaps you 'passed on your genes' prior to meeting her.
Original post by Miss Posh
Perhaps you 'passed on your genes' prior to meeting her.

Doesn't mean I can't pass them on again. And again. And as many times as I like.
Reply 15
no
Doesn't mean I can't pass them on again. And again. And as many times as I like.

You can still be together and 'pass on your genes' by donating to a sperm bank.
You can still be together and 'pass on your genes' by donating to a sperm bank.

I'd still much rather be devoting my time and energy to my own children than to somebody else's.
I'd still much rather be devoting my time and energy to my own children than to somebody else's.

Is Else your girlfriend?
Is Else your girlfriend?

I don't know who that is.

Quick Reply

Latest