The Student Room Group

Lost virginity, should I now be worried?

This is a very sensitive issue so please be nice! I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last night (I lost my virginity) and I took the morning after pill this morning. My period started literally today (day after sex). Despite all this, is there a chance I could still have somehow gotten pregnant? Please be nice, I'm obviously nervous having done it for the first time. Thank you.
There's always a chance albeit very small as you've taken the morning after pill. Take a test in two weeks or so if you're worried.

Also if you're not due your period yet then the morning after pill could have brought it early (though not 100% on that but it happened to me )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you. Should I be worried about the chance of getting pregnant at all? Or should I calm down, given the fact that my period was due today anyway and it came as normal? Does my period starting as per usual signal that I didn't get pregnant at all, or am I missing something?

Thanks for helping. I'm a lot calmer now and would rather not be so worried if that chance is 0.01 or something.
Reply 3
Extremely doubtful if you took it as directed. But you should get on the regular pill anyway if you plan on continuing like that :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by gen88
Extremely doubtful if you took it as directed. But you should get on the regular pill anyway if you plan on continuing like that :smile:

Thank you, I'm a lot calmer now. Yes, I took the pill as directed. My period was due yesterday and came as normal, which I thought meant I wasn't pregnant -- but I still had doubts unless this was just some misleading tale that I had mistakenly interpreted as fact -- that a normal, routine period arriving on the day it's due after sex = not pregnant. Out of interest, when is the best time in a girl's cycle to have sex with the lowest chance of pregnancy?

Thank you -- I'll book myself a doctor's appointment tomorrow and get onto the regular pill. I'm actually insanely excited, is that weird?! Can't wait to start this whole new chapter in my life -- that's what it feels like (I know, I'm being incredibly lame but I waited until 22 to lose my virginity [my birthday was this Saturday] so it's always been a big thing to me).
Reply 5
It isnt lame and you probably arent pregnant. Did you both have exual health checkups by the way?
Sometimes the morning after pill can cause breakthrough bleeding. But if you took it as soon as you possibly did (12 hours approx) then you should be fine. Think about whether you want to go on something on a more regular basis like The Pill or Implant (do not get a coil...!!!) I had one and it caused me nothing but agony and pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
It shouldn´t be problem. Organism is accustomed..

Quick Reply

Latest