The Student Room Group

No friendship circle at uni...

Hey guys,
Its been 7 weeks into uni life, and i still dont belong to a group of friends, i know a small group of people, but i hardly speak to them and thats only when bump into them, also they are from different courses, including flatmates. Havent really made friends from my course and everyone has formed their own groups so its harder to meet people now, although i have gotten this far, i have to say it starting to get to me that i need a solid group of friends to hang around with from my course. Ive joined a few societies etc and met people, but again they're from different courses, and others we never really continued to talk after events so the connection has died out. Dont really know what to do, and sometimes it can get depressing, surely i cant continue uni life like this :/
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,
Its been 7 weeks into uni life, and i still dont belong to a group of friends, i know a small group of people, but i hardly speak to them and thats only when bump into them, also they are from different courses, including flatmates. Havent really made friends from my course and everyone has formed their own groups so its harder to meet people now, although i have gotten this far, i have to say it starting to get to me that i need a solid group of friends to hang around with from my course. Ive joined a few societies etc and met people, but again they're from different courses, and others we never really continued to talk after events so the connection has died out. Dont really know what to do, and sometimes it can get depressing, surely i cant continue uni life like this :/

What happened to your flatmates? Most people just hang around with them.

Most of your coursemates will be hanging around with their flatmates.
Hi dude~

Don't worry there are a lot of people in a similar predicament.

Just take a moment to take a deep breath, I promise it'll all be dandy in the end :smile:

I think it'll help to exchange phone numbers with people in your course, start a whatsapp group (or ask to join one of theirs) I doubt they'll object.

Another method is to talk to the "lonely looking" people in your course, you never know they may be the person you end up getting married to...

Just have faith that it'll work out :biggrin:
Likewise here. Oh well.. life goes on.
Some people spend ther second year trying to get away from the friends they make the first year. Why are you set on friends from your course? Most people make friends initially with flat mates and then other people with shared interests, which can include those on the same course.

Don't think that everyone has frmed groups, they haven't. Ask people if they want to go for coffee or form a study group, strike up conversations with anyone you meet. It's only 7 weeks, people are keen to meet others.
It's easy to feel like this after leaving college and moving away... No friendship group is solid after 7 weeks, just keep talking to people and you'll soon find your feet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending