The Student Room Group

Do A level subjects matter?

Obviously if specific subjects are asked for they do eg) medicine.
However if I apply for philosophy, and I take philosophy do my other two subjects matter?
I take art and psychology both of which are seen as 'soft' obviously that is just opinion but if I need an AAB does I matter that my other two subjects are soft? For example Would someone who has maths and chemistry have a better chance at getting in if we had the same grades?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is the categorical imperative?
It doesn't matter all that much with less competitive subjects. Arguably your subjects would be seen as more relevant than Maths and Chemistry.
Original post by whowasfone
what is the categorical imperative?

I vaguely remember this from AS level, something to do with Kantian ethics right? I have notes somewhere, if you need PM me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah shouldn't matter unless it specifically says no to certain subjects like some courses say that critical thinking is not allowed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
Nah shouldn't matter unless it specifically says no to certain subjects like some courses say that critical thinking is not allowed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Hopefully I'll get some offers haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by loperdoper
It doesn't matter all that much with less competitive subjects. Arguably your subjects would be seen as more relevant than Maths and Chemistry.

Oh good :smile:) sometimes I regret not taking maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I took Politics, History and Applied Business Studies- two non-traditional subjects, and I am currently holding offers to study Politics from University of Leeds, Newcastle University and Aberdeen University, and Lancaster and Durham have not yet made a decision. I have offers from 2 Russell Group universities so far, so it doesn't really matter for all courses.
Original post by FreshGarbage
Oh good :smile:) sometimes I regret not taking maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile

[brushes tears off maths homework] I'm pretty sure you don't

:wink:
Original post by Alex347_
I took Politics, History and Applied Business Studies- two non-traditional subjects, and I am currently holding offers to study Politics from University of Leeds, Newcastle University and Aberdeen University, and Lancaster and Durham have not yet made a decision. I have offers from 2 Russell Group universities so far, so it doesn't really matter for all courses.

Ohh that's great! I'm applying at Newcastle and Lancaster I think aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending