The Student Room Group

When people say they're going for a 'drink'..

I've never drunk due to where I grew up. Everyone at work always talks about drinking and such. I feel like a loser not knowing much about the drinking scene.

So tell me, what are YOUR favourite drinks to have on a night out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've never drunk due to where I grew up. Everyone at work always talks about drinking and such. I feel like a loser not knowing much about the drinking scene.

I have camel milk daily. **** tastes great.
Whatever people buy me (:tongue:). I'm known for buying triple whiskeys though.
Jack & Coke or vodka & Red Bull. Strawberry Daiquiris from TGI Friday's are heaven on earth though.
Spiced rum and ginger ale :u:
I work in an industry where after-work drinks, networking drinks, catchup drinks, alcohol-filled events, expensed boozy dinners, and - dare I say it - lunchtime drinks are pretty much inescapable. There's no right way or wrong way to be doing it, just go along and enjoy the conversation and company. No one's going to peer pressure you into drinking alcohol if you really don't want to (though you certainly should give it a go if you're just hesitant simply because you've never tried it before). My go-to drink is usually gin and tonic, which gets some friendly comments when everyone else is drinking beer (the only drink I'm really not a fan of), but ultimately no one will care what's in your glass.
You're a newb, so go for a Vodka(, Lemonade) and Lime
Reply 7
double vodka and coke if I want to get drunk quickly
double disoronto and coke if I'm just having a good time
bailey's if I'm chilling with the mother
martini if I'm doing coursework
Usually a double Jack Daniels and diet coke :smile:

If it's pints, I'll have a cider (Magners or Thatchers) - I'm not a fan of beer at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9

Captain Morgan's and fanta <3333

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I am feeling particularly adventurous, I am known to drink Robinson's Double Concentrate Fruit Squash.
Reply 11

Drinking scene lol

A few things here though, you're not a loser for starters, you're just from a different background. Just say you don't drink, don't force yourself to get involved in something just because others are.

I don't drink, so I talk about other things, like the music I like or what I did at the weekend.

But yeah I'll answer your question.

It used to be vodka red bull
Reply 12
Usual staple is a double rum and coke when going out however more socially a pint of just about anything, except bitters, goes namely Strongbow or Cobra.
There is nothing 'cool' about drinking some people do it others don't and there us nothing wrong with not.
Double Spiced rum and coke or jack daniels and coke before going out, vodka and coke while in a club. In a pub I'll usually drink beer or wine
A whiskey and coke, a pint of beer or whatever my friends buy me.
Original post by zKlown
Drinking scene lol

A few things here though, you're not a loser for starters, you're just from a different background. Just say you don't drink, don't force yourself to get involved in something just because others are.

I don't drink, so I talk about other things, like the music I like or what I did at the weekend.

But yeah I'll answer your question.

It used to be vodka red bull

What made you stop drinking?
I tend to drink beer and started to get into cider more recently

At clubs- i'll have a whiskey/vodka and coke
No cider drinkers here? :frown:
Original post by beckaroo7
Double Spiced rum and coke or jack daniels and coke before going out, vodka and coke while in a club. In a pub I'll usually drink beer or wine

Good choices.
With meal - wine or beer
Pub - beer or sometimes single malt
Bar - as above, but sometimes cocktails too
Club - whatever is the cheapest way to get drunk (vodka coke, bottles of ****ty beer, VKs)
With your mates in the play park after dark - Buckfast

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending