The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You know, it's funny - I reflexively thought "no chance", when I recalled one ex who was sleeping with her samba instructor while we were together. Now that I think about it though, she did things that I'd retrospectively count as "cheating" throughout the whole relationship and I let it slide because, to my knowledge, no penises entered her.

Now though, in an effort to avoid the same kind of relationship, I think I've painted myself into a corner with what I find acceptable behaviour in a partner. So now I get twitchy when someone I love even laughs at another guy's jokes. How messed up is that?

I consider myself to be a fairly well-balanced, emotionally healthy member of society, but when it comes to romance... it's scary how apparently dysfunctional I am.

edit: forgive? Yes, ALWAYS, because the bitterness will tear you up. But don't expect anything else from them, and if adultery is not what you're after, leave them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zedeneye1
you spent alot of time/resource finding him/her, adapting to him/her, talking, understanding etc., reproducing all of that may be difficult or even impossible.

I dont think I personally would have a difficulty relpacing the person..
Reply 62
Original post by Queen Cersei
At the weekend I got involved in a rather heavy debate about whether a wife would forgive her husband if she found out he had cheated on her with someone from work. (This is going on at my friend's workplace)

I personally couldn't even imagine continuing with someone who had betrayed me- and in the case outlined above the husband has been telling someone at work that he could make them so happy etc, and for me that kind of emotional cheating is even more unforgivable...

Would you/have you ever forgiven cheating?

hell no...if they cheated once, what's to stop them from cheating again?? relationship is ended there and then

by the way, how you have so many followers? :tongue:
Original post by Calpurnia
You know, it's funny - I reflexively thought "no chance", when I recalled one ex who was sleeping with her samba instructor while we were together. Now that I think about it though, she did things that I'd retrospectively count as "cheating" throughout the whole relationship and I let it slide because, to my knowledge, no penises entered her.

Now though, in an effort to avoid the same kind of relationship, I think I've painted myself into a corner with what I find acceptable behaviour in a partner. So now I get twitchy when someone I love even laughs at another guy's jokes. How messed up is that?

I consider myself to be a fairly well-balanced, emotionally healthy member of society, but when it comes to romance... it's scary how apparently dysfunctional I am.

edit: forgive? Yes, ALWAYS, because the bitterness will tear you up. But don't expect anything else from them, and if adultery is not what you're after, leave them.

Totally relate to this. Find it really really difficult to trust anyone now after being messed around so badly. Weird how you think you'll never be that kind of person but you sort of slide into it as a reflex response

Posted from TSR Mobile
No way. When they consciously make a decision to disregard and disrespect you completely, that person should no longer feature in your life.
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
I dont think I personally would have a difficulty relpacing the person..

okay.
Original post by MinionMogul
waaa mate ur edgy aren't u, edgy like a cardboard box

Ohh wait. I'm sorry, I didn't understand the question. :biggrin: I thought we were talking about cheating on exams or something. Then I read "edgy" and thought, 'am i missing something?'
hahahaha.
In my defence, this is studentroom, i sort of expected the question 'would you forgive cheating' to be education related.
[QUOTE="Cersei;53048465" Queen="Queen"]I completely agree that telling a heavily pregnant woman is a terrible idea but I have met this guy once and he is not subtle about it at all which is disgraceful.[/QUOTE

why does noone say anything about these people? doesnt it look bad on that guys friends, if he has some that is, that they probably dont say anything? it is disgusting, and as a friend id absolve my friendship with that person unless they were seriously remorseful
Never.
:no: I'd just keep thinking that if they can do it once, they're probably willing to do it again?
I could never forgive a cheat,ever.
Original post by queen-bee
I could never forgive a cheat,ever.

I cheated in the sack race at school. Would you forgive me?
Original post by TheHopefulIdiot
Ohh wait. I'm sorry, I didn't understand the question. :biggrin: I thought we were talking about cheating on exams or something. Then I read "edgy" and thought, 'am i missing something?'
hahahaha.
In my defence, this is studentroom, i sort of expected the question 'would you forgive cheating' to be education related.

hahahaha damn i cant tell if you have ulterior motives or not, but that was clever :biggrin:
Original post by Tom_Ford
I cheated in the sack race at school. Would you forgive me?

That's harmless,so yes :tongue:
nopeee
No, unforgivable, trust is gone
Cheating is probably the lowest act in a relationship. Would I forgive my GF, or any GF, if she cheated on me, no!

My ex from 3 years back cheated on me with my best friend. She spent months and months telling me off for petty things and then pulled this card at me. She expected me to forgive her as well the selfish cow!!
No...
No I couldn't forgive them for what they done, no matter the excuse, It would completely destroy my trust in them and would constantly be thinking that they could be cheating again even if they weren't.
Probably not.

Latest

Trending

Trending