The Student Room Group

Choosing University

I have been offered places from all 5 choices and I am now stuck between edge hill and Chester university to study adult nursing, can anyone give me any advice as really stuck on which on too choose?
I guess what i d say is, think about the difference between location and accommodation for both unis and also think about which has a placement arrangement you are happier with.
Personally, i like chester as a location more than ormskirk as find ormskirk to be a bit in the middle of nowhere and you d be likely to have to get a bus to uni everyday if you choose edge hill whereas chester might be walkable from accomodation.
Reply 2
Investigate the schedule before you choose. What is the level of coursework and what sort of deadline are there? Where might your placements be? And what student support services are available.
Visit them if you haven't, when I visited Cardiff I knew right away I'd be happy there :smile:
Original post by chelseee97
I have been offered places from all 5 choices and I am now stuck between edge hill and Chester university to study adult nursing, can anyone give me any advice as really stuck on which on too choose?

Original post by claireestelle
I guess what i d say is, think about the difference between location and accommodation for both unis and also think about which has a placement arrangement you are happier with.
Personally, i like chester as a location more than ormskirk as find ormskirk to be a bit in the middle of nowhere and you d be likely to have to get a bus to uni everyday if you choose edge hill whereas chester might be walkable from accomodation.

Ormskirk isn't that out in the sticks although it isn't as big as Chester. Edge hill is just a short walk into town and there is a shuttle bus into town. Ormskirk has decent train/bus links to Southport and Liverpool.

At edge hill, you will either be in Liverpool hospitals (mainly Aintree) or Southport so there will always be a degree of traveling to placement.

Edge hill has had a lot of development over the last few years. The faculty of health is still fairly new. There has been a lot of accommodation built on site and some of the old accommodation has been updated (I think).
As its been suggested you need to go and have a look at them again. In the long run it won't make a difference but you need to pick where you feel most comfortable and where you want to live for the next three years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I have decided to go chester because it is local to me so I do not need to move out and do not really want to get into debt :smile: but thanks for all the advice

Quick Reply

Latest