The Student Room Group

Does anyone have access to my previous UCAS application?

Hello everybody!
A year ago I applied via UCAS for Computer Science course at one of the top universities. My grades were not good enough so I decided to take a gap year, take A - levels (I am IB graduate) and apply next year. Many things had happened in my life and I changed my mind, I want to study Finance, and the question is, do "they" (people who decide whether I get place at uni or not) has access to my previous application form? I want to apply to one of the best universities and I don't want to seem undecided or unmotivated, I don't want anybody to see my previous Personal Statement.
Original post by toster
Hello everybody!
A year ago I applied via UCAS for Computer Science course at one of the top universities. My grades were not good enough so I decided to take a gap year, take A - levels (I am IB graduate) and apply next year. Many things had happened in my life and I changed my mind, I want to study Finance, and the question is, do "they" (people who decide whether I get place at uni or not) has access to my previous application form? I want to apply to one of the best universities and I don't want to seem undecided or unmotivated, I don't want anybody to see my previous Personal Statement.

Hey, I took a gap year too after getting bad grades and I had to do the whole application again, everything is new..including your reference and personal statement. You even get a new ucas ID that eventually changes back to your old. So no, no one will see your old personal statement
Reply 2
Original post by cherryred90s
Hey, I took a gap year too after getting bad grades and I had to do the whole application again, everything is new..including your reference and personal statement. You even get a new ucas ID that eventually changes back to your old. So no, no one will see your old personal statement

Thank you!
I know that our data are stored on UCAS' servers for several years, I was afraid universities have access to it as well.
Original post by toster
Thank you!
I know that our data are stored on UCAS' servers for several years, I was afraid universities have access to it as well.

What happened last time? Did you end up in Clearing at any point? If so then all universities will have access to your old application - but they're unlikely to either bother or give a **** about a prior application.

Even if you did not enter clearing then the universities you previously applied to will have your old application available. But it is not standard procedure to refer back to any prior application.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
What happened last time? Did you end up in Clearing at any point? If so then all universities will have access to your old application - but they're unlikely to either bother or give a **** about a prior application.

Even if you did not enter clearing then the universities you previously applied to will have your old application available. But it is not standard procedure to refer back to any prior application.

No, I got conditional offers from four universities, and I accepted two of them but I did not meet the requirements and simply didn't do anything else. Well, I want to apply to other universities so I hope they won't see my previous application anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending