The Student Room Group

I'm an Atheist, ask me anything accordingly

I'm here to answer any questions...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You dont believe in the afterlife........, why are you here right now, if soo? If you don't understand, please don't bother replying:s-smilie:
Reply 2
I don't necessarily think their has to be any purpose for me being here right now. Why are other animals here? do you believe elephants, dolphins and cats have a purpose? Probably not.

Yes, we are more intelligent than the other animals, but does that mean people with severe learning difficulties don't have a purpose because they are less intelligent?
Reply 3
Original post by TheSeal

What is your opinion on religion?
(edited 8 years ago)
How would you describe your personality?
Reply 5
how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Reply 6
if 10 gay men stand in a straight line, is it appropriate to call it a straight line
What is your typical reaction when people tell you you're going to hell?
What were your peers' reactions to finding out you are an atheist?
Reply 8
Original post by josh_v
What is your opinion on religion?

I think religion was created to control the people, to give them hope and meaning in their lives. For many people the concept of death is hard to accept, by believing in religion it helps them cope, as they believe when they die, they will go to heaven. And when there friends and family die it makes it easier for them thinking they will see them again. I have no problem with this, but religion creates wars, and it creates groups like ISIS, which use religion as a reason to commit barbaric acts of violence.

Original post by Jwanaton
how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Original post by Jwanaton
if 10 gay men stand in a straight line, is it appropriate to call it a straight line

I don't know lol

Original post by FrostShot
How would you describe your personality?

I would describe it as good.

Original post by an_atheist
What is your typical reaction when people tell you you're going to hell?
What were your peers' reactions to finding out you are an atheist?

I laugh, what loving god would send people to a lifetime of torture, simply for not believing in him?

My family joked about it, but they accepted it. Some of my brothers are agnostic.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Iloveuuu
You dont believe in the afterlife........, why are you here right now, if soo? If you don't understand, please don't bother replying:s-smilie:

What on earth does an afterlife have to do with being alive? We would still exist whether there was an afterlife or not.
Original post by Erlandur
What on earth does an afterlife have to do with being alive? We would still exist whether there was an afterlife or not.

Unless one believes that this is the afterlife?
Original post by The Epicurean
Unless one believes that this is the afterlife?

Im yet to come across someone who makes that bizarre claim :tongue:
Original post by Erlandur
Im yet to come across someone who makes that bizarre claim :tongue:

Indeed. But it's the only context in which their post makes sense to me :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by TheSeal

Doesn't it take a lot of faith to believe in evolution?
Reply 14
Original post by TheSeal

Do you group all religions together without studying their individual messages and messengers?
Original post by Iloveuuu

Don't you understand? This is the afterlife. We're all dead.
I'm an Atheist, ask me anything accordingly.

Lol only an atheist would put "accordingly" in an Ask Me thread title.
God exists. If a Christian man gives a hungry homeless man a sandwich due to his faith in god, hasn't god given that man A sandwich? Doesn't this prove he exists as much as anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by shsstudent
God exists. If a Christian man gives a hungry homeless man a sandwich due to his faith in god, hasn't god given that man A sandwich? Doesn't this prove he exists as much as anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ehh..what?

Atheists give homeless people sandwiches
Im an atheist, and you've actively misunderstood the point. God is real through the people who take action because of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending