The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nadzworldz
It's sort of how I felt when I was younger. But then I realised I'm able to have just be myself no matter what society expects from gender.And tbh I grew out of it and I'm happy for who I am and feel like it wouldn't be much of a difference if I was a male, as long as I achieve my ambitions and have good well-being. I guess it is normal to feel like that OP. Do you think yourself different to other females? And is there specific reasons why? :smile:

I guess so, that's true my aspirations would be the same if I was a boy.

I am very different than most girls, I only know one girl that's like me and she doesn't identify as male or female, she's just her(she doesn't mind being referred to as a "she") Maybe I am the same, I just don't know.

I'm just confused, like do males/females have to be a certain way? Maybe I can just be a female, that's not feminine? Maybe I am neither boy nor girl? This is all so confusing.
Original post by Laeliakiwi
I just don't feel like a woman, I kinda feel like a boy(not 100% sure what I feel like)
If you wan talk to someone, you can PM me. :smile:
Original post by aamirac
I think it's nice being a women/girl/lady.
Although shopping for clothes is a nightmare (but I'm picky) and I end up wanting to buy the men's coats and shirts. (I don't though)

I don't like makeup and girly clothes.

I dress very simple, not many accessories.
Original post by Emily.97
Id rather be a man so that i didnt have to have periods.:colonhash:

Said every woman ever. While periods may be the scourge of womankind everywhere, what a lot women don't realise is that the scourge of men is spontaneous erections at the most socially awkward of times.

A period is physically worse, there are no doubts about that (although the heaviness of them is subjective, so it's debatable) but you can't explain away an erection. Lulz to be had at your expense; people will remember you as the guy who got a stiffy while doing a presentation at the front of the class (not my personal experience, I hasten to add. Speaking in front of people frightens me. I guess you could say that it scares me stiffless :ahee: ).

"Time of the month?" *sympathises*
vs
"****ing 'ell Dave, is that a canoe in your pocket or are you just really happy to see me? HEY ERRYBODY, DAVE'S REALLY ENJOYING THIS PHILOSOPHY LESSON!"

Being a man, the lack of periods is great. But we make up for it in other ways :sad:
Plus there's the whole social expectation of being great in the sack thing, at which point being even slightly nervous can easily ruin the night. Willies are weird.
(edited 8 years ago)
I guess so, that's true my aspirations would be the same if I was a boy.

I am very different than most girls, I only know one girl that's like me and she doesn't identify as male or female, she's just her(she doesn't mind being referred to as a "she":wink: Maybe I am the same, I just don't know.

I'm just confused, like do males/females have to be a certain way? Maybe I can just be a female, that's not feminine? Maybe I am neither boy nor girl? This is all so confusing.
Yep true, it's about achieving about what you want in life and yes i'm sure they would. :smile:

I know what you mean and I think i'm different to alot of girls too. That's great you know people who are like that! I don't feel like a male or female most times and even forget that I'm a female. Haha maybe some of us don't fully match societies expectations. But oh well, it's always about us being ourselves, that's the most important thing :wink:.

Nope, they absolutely don't. Well that's my opinion. Yes you sure can! Haha we are allowed to feel like none. Well lets just say we are biologically different, but don't let it affect you. Don't be confused, maybe you're not having the best time at the moment in your life? :biggrin:

Neither do I, the most I wear is a watch (it was my brothers as well 😂). I wear makeup on occasions where I have to look presentable and not like the tramp I usually am :h:
But it shouldn't make you feel less of a women, men wear makeup too. (I guess with that though it's preference) and style is something unique to the person
Reply 26
Here's a list of reasons why you don't want to be a boy.

1) You get twisted testicles sometimes
2) Being kicked in the balls hurts like hell
3) You get people on the bus asking you if they can touch your dick and fondle your ass
4) In some schools, it is worse to be a gay male than a gay female

Here's a list of reasons why being a boy may not be all that bad.

You have more time in the mornings as you're not fussing with hair and makeup.
I don't think it works like that lol. :unimpressed:

you think it don't.

but it do.
Yep true, it's about achieving about what you want in life and yes i'm sure they would. :smile:

I know what you mean and I think i'm different to alot of girls too. That's great you know people who are like that! I don't feel like a male or female most times and even forget that I'm a female. Haha maybe some of us don't fully match societies expectations. But oh well, it's always about us being ourselves, that's the most important thing :wink:.

Nope, they absolutely don't. Well that's my opinion. Yes you sure can! Haha we are allowed to feel like none. Well lets just say we are biologically different, but don't let it affect you. Don't be confused, maybe you're not having the best time at the moment in your life? :biggrin:

I'm the same, I forget I'm female sometimes.
Yeah, it's not exactly the best time.
But now the thing is, do I just be me? Forget about this whole gender thing and just be who I am?
Original post by mmmcookies
you think it don't.

but it do.
Nah, it doesn't. Maybe you need to look at things differently. D
Original post by aamirac
Neither do I, the most I wear is a watch (it was my brothers as well 😂). I wear makeup on occasions where I have to look presentable and not like the tramp I usually am :h:
But it shouldn't make you feel less of a women, men wear makeup too. (I guess with that though it's preference) and style is something unique to the person

I mean, I do wear eyeliner or lipstick sometimes but that's it.
And yeah, you're right.
I'm just confused, lol
Original post by Kalail
Here's a list of reasons why you don't want to be a boy.

1) You get twisted testicles sometimes
2) Being kicked in the balls hurts like hell
3) You get people on the bus asking you if they can touch your dick and fondle your ass
4) In some schools, it is worse to be a gay male than a gay female

Here's a list of reasons why being a boy may not be all that bad.

You have more time in the mornings as you're not fussing with hair and makeup.

Being a man has it's pros and cons, just like how being a woman has it's pros and cons.
I'm the same, I forget I'm female sometimes.
Yeah, it's not exactly the best time.
But now the thing is, do I just be me? Forget about this whole gender thing and just be who I am?
Yep I guess it is normal and I really do too. I just think of human, rather than male or female. :smile:
Aww well I hope you're well and if you want to talk then you know where I am.
Yes please be you! And it would be a wise idea to forget about the gender thing and be truly who you are. I don't think I can point it out better than that. :smile:
Yep I guess it is normal and I really do too. I just think of human, rather than male or female. :smile:
Aww well I hope you're well and if you want to talk then you know where I am.
Yes please be you! And it would be a wise idea to forget about the gender thing and be truly who you are. I don't think I can point it out better than that. :smile:

Oh okay but I wonder like on forms, what do I tick for gender if I don't really feel male or female, do I just tick female because I am one biologically?

And thanks for the offer, you're really nice. :smile:

I understand where you're coming from. I dress simple in either male or female clothes depending on how I want to look that day. Got my ears pierced when I was 5 but currently never wear earrings!

I don't like being identified as a woman because I dont think im worthy of that title just yet. I guess some people just dont fit into the stereotypes of man and woman.
Oh okay but I wonder like on forms, what do I tick for gender if I don't really feel male or female, do I just tick female because I am one biologically?

And thanks for the offer, you're really nice. :smile:
You would tick female unless you were a male of course or a transgender. But trust me, the word 'female' wouldn't define who you are as a person and doesn't make much of a difference.

No problem and haha thanks. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by candlejsra
I understand where you're coming from. I dress simple in either male or female clothes depending on how I want to look that day. Got my ears pierced when I was 5 but currently never wear earrings!

I don't like being identified as a woman because I dont think im worthy of that title just yet. I guess some people just dont fit into the stereotypes of man and woman.

What do you mean you don't think your not worthy?
How are you not worthy to be a woman?
Yeah, I'm questioning the whole gender thing.
You would tick female unless you were a male of course or a transgender. But trust me, the word 'female' wouldn't define who you are as a person and doesn't make much of a difference.

No problem and haha thanks. :biggrin:

That makes so much sense, thanks a lot! :smile:
That makes so much sense, thanks a lot! :smile:
Yep it does and No problem! :smile:. Just wanted to mention this, it's funny how I don't feel female even tough i'm quite girly at times lol :lol:. But I just be myself of course. :biggrin:
Yep it does and No problem! :smile:. Just wanted to mention this, it's funny how I don't feel female even tough i'm quite girly at times lol :lol:. But I just be myself of course. :biggrin:

Yeah, that's good just be you and I'll be me! :smile:

Latest