The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laeliakiwi
It just doesn't feel right, being a girl. I mean, it has it's positives but I don't know.
Does any other girl feel like this?

I just wish I was a boy.

Change your gender if you really want to be a boy.
Yeah, that's good just be you and I'll be me! :smile:
Yep that's the plan and a wise idea of course :smile:
Original post by bookster
Change your gender if you really want to be a boy.

I don't want to transition, that's the thing

I'm not 100% sure of my feelings
It just doesn't feel right, being a girl. I mean, it has it's positives but I don't know.

I just wish I was a boy.

Being a boy is horrible. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be a girl and I don't feel "trapped", but being a boy in this day and age just isn't nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 123Beaverboy
Being a boy is horrible. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be a girl and I don't feel "trapped", but being a boy in this day and age just isn't nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could say the same about being a girl. No-one has it easier, life in general is difficult. I'm just having a hard time figuring out who I am.
Reply 45
Cause being a boy is awesome!

Conflicted feelings, I hate that.
Original post by bookster
Conflicted feelings, I hate that.

It's the worst :frown:
Original post by EmmaOfNormandy
There are plenty of people that feel they're trapped in the wrong body. I personally think that being a guy is better and has more advantages, but I don't actually feel that I'm a boy or that I'd want to be one.

It certainly is set up that way in society in many ways.

Hence the need for feminism. :smile:

I just wish I was a boy.

Would you like a cuddle?
If you have a vagina then you are a girl

End of discussion
Original post by Ohlendorf
Would you like a cuddle?

Awww, would love one.
Awww, would love one.

:hugs: :grouphugs: :penguinhug: :jumphug:
Original post by Ohlendorf
:hugs: :grouphugs: :penguinhug: :jumphug:

Oh thank you! You're so sweet!
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It certainly is set up that way in society in many ways.

Hence the need for feminism. :smile:

If there is\was a patriarchy (and I think there is\was one of some kind) both men and women play their part in enforcing it and it isn't just women who get a bad deal out of it (even if women did\do come off worse). I would rather not have to fight in wars for imperialistic nation states just because I am a man and could do without being guilt tripped into fighting by women ¬¬

Hey :smile: If it's an option for you, I'd make an appointment with your GP and talk about these issues. It's possible that you're somewhere on the trans* spectrum, meaning that you don't identify with the gender you were assigned at birth. That doesn't mean you have to transition but it'd definitely worth talking through and learning a bit more about gender :smile: Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk!
I don't know why, I don't know how to explain it, it's all very confusing!

I just don't feel like a woman.

:closedeyes:
If you don't know what it feels like to be a woman because you have never felt like a woman before, how do you know that you don't feel like a woman? That being said, how can you be sure you feel like a man and not just a woman that doesn't feel like a woman?
:curious:
I ask these things because I never ponder my own gender or what it is like for me to be a man compared to me being a woman... does it really matter so much, what kind of body you have or don't have? What kind of crap you have to deal with compared to the crap other people have to deal with? Can't you just be comfortable being you, working with the body you were born with?
:erm:
I guess it is confusing.
On the whole I am happy and probably glad I am male. But I do get curious to what it is like to have a clitoris and sometimes the thought of being a stay at home mum with a well off breadwinner of a husband does seem appealing :/
Original post by Green_Pink
Hey :smile: If it's an option for you, I'd make an appointment with your GP and talk about these issues. It's possible that you're somewhere on the trans* spectrum, meaning that you don't identify with the gender you were assigned at birth. That doesn't mean you have to transition but it'd definitely worth talking through and learning a bit more about gender :smile: Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk!

I'll think about that and thanks for both the offer and the suggestion. :smile:
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
:closedeyes:
If you don't know what it feels like to be a woman because you have never felt like a woman before, how do you know that you don't feel like a woman? That being said, how can you be sure you feel like a man and not just a woman that doesn't feel like a woman?
:curious:
I ask these things because I never ponder my own gender or what it is like for me to be a man compared to me being a woman... does it really matter so much, what kind of body you have or don't have? What kind of crap you have to deal with compared to the crap other people have to deal with? Can't you just be comfortable being you, working with the body you were born with?
:erm:
I guess it is confusing.

Maybe that's it, maybe I'm just a woman that doesn't feel like a woman.

And you're right, maybe it doesn't matter. I'll just be me, stop worrying about the other stuff.

It is confusing!

Latest