The Student Room Group

do girls need a slim body to be considered hot/attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jared44
Of course everything else is **** ugly.
My opinion is fact.

kek
>opinion
>fact

Choose one
Original post by Jebedee
With that logic anything can be subjective and nothing is objective. If I stomped on your toe you could tell me it objectively hurts but does the existence of masochism mean that isn't so?

Hard to answer this without just pointing out the glaringly obvious.
If you don't respect your body of all things, there's likely a lot of other things you don't respect also.
It signifies lack of discipline and laziness.

All kinds of things that the majority of people given the option would prefer not to deal with.

No it doesn't because attraction is purely subjective, pain is actually a bodily reaction and therefor if you stomp on someone's toe you WILL feel pain whether or not you enjoy it or how painful it was to you personally will be subjective.

I feel that's a bit of a stretch to say because you don't respect your body you won't respect other things. People are different, some people might not be motivated on body image but motivated on other things.

Lots of successful people are fat and lead happy lives. I'm not saying that being fat is good or even healthy but to imply all fat people lack discipline and are lazy is a generalization.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SophisticatedSir
No it doesn't because attraction is purely subjective, pain is actually a bodily reaction and therefor if you stomp on someone's toe you WILL feel pain whether or not you enjoy it or how painful it was to you personally will be subjective.

I feel that's a bit of a stretch to say because you don't respect your body you won't respect other things. People are different, some people might not be motivated on body image but motivated on other things.

Lots of successful people are fat and lead happy lives. I'm not saying that being fat is good or even healthy but to imply all fat people lack discipline and are lazy is a generalization.

You're right, but what you're trying to do here is deal in extreme ideals when in reality nothing really works that way when it comes to attraction. There are fat people who are not lazy, they do exist however there are many people we will meet in life and only limited time. We don't have time to date everyone so we use the information at hand to make the best decision possible to save our time. In this case people do this by avoiding fat people because there's a very good chance they are lazy.

In fact I think you're really fighting the corner of fat people who have a lot of responsibilities like demanding corporate jobs and/or a bunch of children I.E: people over 35. But keep in mind that the majority of this forum are going to be way under that age so my point stands even more so considering the target audience of the post.

Unless you have these very demanding responsibilities or a rare thyroid condition, there is no excuse for being fat.
Original post by netflixJunkie20
??

To me yea 8/10 only 6 sometimes if they are built that way but often to skinny

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can be slim and still have curves. The word curvy has been hijacked by obese women.
do girls need a slim body to be considered hot/attractive?
From an evolutionary perspective, there is a certain basis to conventional attractiveness; good skin complexion, the clarity and brightness of the sclera and other indicators informs the onlooker that what they are seeing is a potential partner that is free from disease and is potentially a good mate (as in sex). Similarly, the width of a woman's hips indicates they are capable and ready for childbirth. The attractiveness of a slim body is based on the historical understanding that they are going to be healthier and better able to carry offspring to full term without dying.
Now, in the, let's say, last 1000 years or so, the quality of being slim, while it has remained the standard for attractiveness, has not mattered as much as it did previously and the subjective basis of being attracted is as numerable as the stars.
In short, you will be thought of as attractive by more people if you are slim, but there is someone for everyone so, whatever makes you happy.
An individual's personality should determine how attractive they are.
Original post by Cornflakes1688
It depends on you and what you deem as attractive.

This, to me, yes she needs to have a body that i find attractive - as in i suppose average, i dont like super skinny, i dont like big.
Original post by TomScarlett
An individual's personality should determine how attractive they are.

Thats part of it. But the initial stage, its all about physical attractiveness.

And you do you need to be physically attractive, how on earth do you have sex with someone your not attracted to?
Original post by bassbabe
You can be slim and still have curves. The word curvy has been hijacked by obese women.

Amen to this.
Original post by silverbolt
Thats part of it. But the initial stage, its all about physical attractiveness.

And you do you need to be physically attractive, how on earth do you have sex with someone your not attracted to?

Depends on how much someone will judge another based on looks.
Reply 31
No way, people are attracted to all sorts of sizes and shapes and all sizes and shapes are beautiful in their own way. Whatever size a person feels confident and happy at is how they should be. Nobody should try and change themselves to be deemed attractive by others
Depends, some people like more booty and curves, some people like a tiny waist and petite body.
yes.
Short answer: yes. Fatties shouldn't even be considered human imo.
Original post by lonely-otaku
Short answer: yes. Fatties shouldn't even be considered human imo.

completely agree, if up to me fat whales would be jailed on SIGHT, as to not pollute my vision
Original post by TomScarlett
Depends on how much someone will judge another based on looks.

We ALL do this, every day, all the time.

The idea that we as human beings dont judge is a total fallacy. And (im not directing this at you btw as i dont know you) usually spouted by white knights whose standards are low due to wanting to date anyone anything just so they have a girlfriend
Original post by samboosa0
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

No it is not. It's in the eyes of 10000 beholders, with the marks out of 10 averaged.
No one looks better overweight than they would at a healthy weight. Sorry.
I don't think so. I like women with slightly thicker bodies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending