The Student Room Group

Its really distracting me now should i cut her off?

Hi I'm Teah, and I am in year 10 and i've been getting really upset,angry and unfocused in school lately because of a friendship problem. Look my supposed best-friend is dating my brother wth! And they still continue even though they know how much it angers me and tears me apart because i've known her 5 years but she does this? Ive been constantly sad and infuriated so should i tell her no and put my foot down or just be quiet? thanks so much.
Reply 1
What's the issue with her dating your brother?
But why does the fact that your brother is dating your best friend annoy you?
Reply 3
Original post by sarskinz
What's the issue with her dating your brother?

Because for me you are not supposed to date your bestfriends brother. full stop
i just think its not right, its very annoying when she keeps talking about them sorry if this makes me weird
Original post by Teah01
i just think its not right, its very annoying when she keeps talking about them sorry if this makes me weird

Your just being selfish
Reply 5
Original post by star80
Your just being selfish

i dont see it that way but maybe? thanks the thing is she lied to me and snuck into his bed. literally whilst i was asleep when she was at my sleepover
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Teah01
i dont see it that way but maybe? thanks

If your friend's brother as hot and the man of your dreams and he asked you to go out with him you would wouldnt you.. lol
Reply 7
Original post by star80
If your friend's brother as hot and the man of your dreams and he asked you to go out with him you would wouldnt you.. lol

hehe hes not and honestly i wouldnt
Reply 8
Original post by Teah01

Original post by star80
Your just being selfish

This. You are being selfish.

If they have feelings for each other, then that's not something you should be getting in the way of.
Trying to do so will likely just distance you from your friend...
Original post by Teah01
i dont see it that way but maybe? thanks the thing is she lied to me and snuck into his bed. literally whilst i was asleep when she was at my sleepover

Well you want two people to put their lives on hold just so you can feel better about something that doesn't affect you at all lol. Quite entitled and selfish. They can date who ever they want.

If you carry on being selfish your friend and brother will just end up resenting you.
she can date who she wants and so can he? youre being selfish about the whole situation, by saying their relationship is 'wrong' doesnt justify it 'full stop'..its pretty much prejudice against them, you might as well be homophobic because your reason for disagreeing with their relationship is pretty much as narrow minded as that.
Reply 11
yeaa im probally just an emotional teen. thanks guys
Original post by ChickenMadness
Well you want two people to put their lives on hold just so you can feel better about something that doesn't affect you at all lol. Quite entitled and selfish. They can date who ever they want.

If you carry on being selfish your friend and brother will just end up resenting you.
cut her off if you want to...
I think you're being a bit immature. If your best-friend genuinely loves/likes/whatever your brother, it doesn't have anything to do with you. Unless she's rubbing it in your face, which would be weird, she's entitled to date whoever she chooses and she doesn't have to ask your permission to do so. If it really hurts that badly, tell them you just don't want them talking about it in front of you and move on.
It's not really any of your business. If you don't like hearing about it, just tell your friend you don't want details about them as it's awkward.

They like each other, you shouldn't get in the way of their happiness. You'll get used to it after some time, don't hate on them. Just suck it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending