The Student Room Group

Why are males better at maintaing friendships

Boy "cliques" tend to remain friends longer than girl "cliques" why? Is it because women are bitchier? Do boys leave their house more regularly and have more time to spend with their mates? Is it because boys have better friend activities e.g football , video games which keep them connected??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because they are not females.
I can maintain good friendships, have a best friend who I've known for 14 years now..
Reply 3
As a female I can truly say females are weird !!!!!
Because they have a punch up then laugh afterwards and move on with their lives.
if you watched yesterdays the apprentice, and seen the uh... 'ladies' in the boardroom you'ld know why...

Spoiler

because men generally do not bicker or get catty over menial issues like women do, and even if they do, they don't take it too heart as much as women do so would be able to get over it much more easily.
Coz we say things how they are and don't bitch.
Because...we don't do catty silly vindictive ****. I've literally fist fought some of my closest friends and then we help each other up off the ground and go on through town with a black eye from each other like it was nothing.
lmao. gonna sound extreme but no I'm just saying women have a crueler nature as men can be more simple with their emotions.
Girls shade each other for hair, makeup, heels, purses, stupidness.

"You can't sit with us" kinda stuff.

If a dude judged another man so critically, he would be laughed at.

Original post by Starvation13
It's because at the end of the day, it's all banter.

lmao.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Because girls are, on average, far more over-sensitive and self-conscious. This, unsurprisingly, results in overreaction to perceived threats of potential conflict, leading to the recurrence of the feedback loop.
because most females tend to like "gossiping" i.e. bitching about their friends and others behind their backs, and their friends do the same for them and their whole 'friendships' are built on lies and then they fall out and look for more people to prey on and ruin their lives

which is why as a female i dislike most females due to their blinded feminist views (not synonym for equality soz yall) who think they're entitled to all privileges because they have a vagina and expect everyone to kiss their feet and do as they say and their excuse for acting like *******s is because they are on their periods or have hormone issues or whatever

which is why i get along with boys/ men better

yes i know some men are ***** but in GENERAL from EXPERIENCE this is the case

wake up people -_-
Reply 11
yes you're right because women are bitchier and gossip a lot. Males tend to be more honest and appreciate friendships more (not all though)
Original post by sabrinaa1234
Boy "cliques" tend to remain friends longer than girl "cliques" why? Is it because women are bitchier? Do boys leave their house more regularly and have more time to spend with their mates? Is it because boys have better friend activities e.g football , video games which keep them connected??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You answered your own question. Boys generally get on better. Girls are bitchy and back-bite against each other a lot.
Reply 13
Original post by sabrinaa1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Show me the evidence, buddy boy.

I'm joking, the reason is because God made men > women, it's all in the bible shm tbh fam
I think most often it is because males aren't friends...

They're just mates. Banter banter banter. And they never do anything remotely intimate. Share one another's secrets. Trust one another and the like. Hence there's no opportunity for those things to be broken or something really dumb/offensive to be said so they maintain matehood for so long. I don't think that is legitimate friendship though personally. IT just doesn't do it the same for me.
Original post by TorpidPhil
I think most often it is because males aren't friends...

They're just mates. Banter banter banter. And they never do anything remotely intimate. Share one another's secrets. Trust one another and the like. Hence there's no opportunity for those things to be broken or something really dumb/offensive to be said so they maintain matehood for so long. I don't think that is legitimate friendship though personally. IT just doesn't do it the same for me.

Certainly true, I must have had nearly a hundred 'mates' over the years but could count my true friends on one hand.

Same is true of girls though?

I was dating this girl back at college and she went around in a group of 'friends' that had been together since like year 9. Turns out she despised one of them, absolutely hated her with a passion!

Anyway I made the mistake of mentioning this in passing to another one of her 'friends' and when she found out she hit the roof!

Was like I'd done this whacking great turd right in the middle of their intricate web of Machiavellian alliances and diplomacy...messed about with all the chess pieces on the board...

Totally mind-blowing at 17 because like you say I saw all this 'intimacy' and sharing of secrets...'helping each-other through thing' and took it all at face value...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Triple-Sod
Certainly true, I must have had nearly a hundred 'mates' over the years but could count my true friends on one hand.

Same is true of girls though?

I was dating this girl back at college and she went around in a group of 'friends' that had been together since like year 9. Turns out she despised one of them, absolutely hated her with a passion!

Anyway I made the mistake of mentioning this in passing to another one of her 'friends' and when she found out she hit the roof!

Was like I'd done this whacking great turd right in the middle of their intricate web of Machiavellian alliances and diplomacy...messed about with all the chess pieces on the board...

Totally mind-blowing at 17 because like you say I saw all this 'intimacy' and sharing of secrets...'helping each-other through thing' and took it all at face value...

Oh I don't suppose most people are like that with their "friendships".

However I do feel on average girls tend to have more "best friend" sort of relationships. At least more than boys. I mean, it's just more acceptable socially to be open with your friends as a female. But openness can lead to all sorts of other problems which while sometimes lead to making the relationship better, can also totally cripple the relationship.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Oh I don't suppose most people are like that with their "friendships".

However I do feel on average girls tend to have more "best friend" sort of relationships. At least more than boys. I mean, it's just more acceptable socially to be open with your friends as a female. But openness can lead to all sorts of other problems which while sometimes lead to making the relationship better, can also totally cripple the relationship.

I don't know...I do think a lot of this 'openness' you see with girls can actually be very superficial.

Certainly a few girls I've dated seemed pretty envious of the relationships I could have with close mates.
Because they don't break friendships based on who liked whose picture or who un-followed who on Instagram...
/thread

More generalisations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending