The Student Room Group

do you think guys or girls make better friends?

Poll

Do girls or guys make better friends?

I hear girls saying they prefer making friends with guys as girls get really jealous and b*tchy quickly, but what do you think? I'm a female and I prefer to have female friends, idk I just find it wayyy easier to make female friends than male friends, what about you?

Scroll to see replies

Hmm it varies for me to be honest. I can have a laugh with guys quite easily and I feel like with girls I have to be a bit more cautious until I know them better. That being said once I've known them for a while it's pretty much plain sailing.
Guys are less bitchy. But I've found that I've had some serious issues with a few guys in the past. But I have much more in common with them than I do in general, with girls.
Attachment not found
Original post by loveleest
I hear girls saying they prefer making friends with guys as girls get really jealous and b*tchy quickly, but what do you think? I'm a female and I prefer to have female friends, idk I just find it wayyy easier to make female friends than male friends, what about you?

How do you do it so easily? I can't keep female friends for the life of me
I don't generally share the same interests or relate as well to girls. So as a guy, I prefer guy friends. Although with girl friends it's easier to be open with and talk about more sensitive topics.
Reply 6
I don't know, I guess because I am a shy person I just find it easier to speak to girls, then the friendship develops from there, with guys, it's just so much harder to make friends with them, I have no idea why though.
I find it easier to be friends with guys but i get on better with the female friends i have :smile:
I don't know, I guess because I am a shy person I just find it easier to speak to girls, then the friendship develops from there, with guys, it's just so much harder to make friends with them, I have no idea why though.

Really? I'm not shy about connecting with either gender (at least in the workplace) unless they are in a big group in which case I STFU but even then I find I just get along with guys better. I've tried getting female friends birthday presents and being funny and listening to their problems but nothing works they all end up turning against me
Reply 9
yeah, I see what you mean. But I am soooo skeptical when it comes too making female friends now, I'd love to have more male friends though. I feel as if girls can be so b*tchy at times which is why I don't want too many female friends
I think it depends on the people - I go to an all-girls school and most of the friendships groups are always fighting or bitching about each other, girls can be so volatile and brutal to each other! Despite that, my group of friends are all nerds and we hardly ever fall out and if we do it's always about politics or something haha, they're the kind of people who never judge you and encourage you to be who you are. Literally so glad they're in my life.

I wouldn't know though, I have like 1 male friend.
yeah, I see what you mean. But I am soooo skeptical when it comes too making female friends now, I'd love to have more male friends though. I feel as if girls can be so b*tchy at times which is why I don't want too many female friends

There used to be a couple of girls I hung out with in primary school but one of them left me to hang out with other people, the other stole from me (yes, even in primary school) and the third one I had an argument with in late high school and when I tried to apologise she didn't want to know. I have major trust issues around female friends lol

Personally, I find it easier to make male friends, simply because a lot of the females I know are pretty annoying and bitchy. I did go to an all girls secondary school, so many may find it wierd, but I now go to a sixth form with predominantly male students, and I've been able to become friends and trust them at a faster rate than with any of my female friends. But thats just my opinion, of course it would vary depending on who you prefer to talk to in general.
Reply 13
Oh that's nothing, In secondary school I was constantly involved in arguments with girls who didn't like me for nothing :frown: I was used to it back then, but now I've made a group of female friends that I trust.
I've somehow ended up with more male friends than female ones, but I have no preference either way
I've found it easier to make friends with guys because they're chilled out and have a great sense of humour (the ones at my school anyway)
Oh that's nothing, In secondary school I was constantly involved in arguments with girls who didn't like me for nothing :frown: I was used to it back then, but now I've made a group of female friends that I trust.

Oh, yeah, I had a few female bullies in HS but they later apologised. My main bullies in HS oddly enough were boys :/
Reply 17
I got like 1-2 girls that were sooo *****y to me for no reason :frown: and they despised me... but then the guys, lol, like at least 5 guys used to proper pick on me and tease me which may be why I find it easier to make female friends? idk.
Reply 18
Girls, hands down.
I'm a guy and my best friend is male and apart from him, I only really have a few other male friends.
As for females, I get on with them SOOOOO much better, I have like a million times as many female than male friends.
I think it's because I have a natural tendency to talk to girls and hang out with them, rather than with boys, so as a result, I have more female friends.
Plus, I find girls to be nicer and more respectful and far more mature, which is probably why I get on with them more easily, because I'm more mature than all other boys I know :smile:
I got like 1-2 girls that were sooo bitchy to me for no reason :frown: and they despised me... but then the guys, lol, like at least 5 guys used to proper pick on me and tease me which may be why I find it easier to make female friends? idk.

Yeah, I don't know why girls could be like that. I got moved over into the opposite set in high school for GCSE's and had to deal with three queen bee types who decided for whatever reason I was some sort of threat. The fact that I was getting 90%+ in all of my science tests probably didn't help.

My male bullies were usually a little more violent but I still had male friends so I don't know why it didn't affect me as much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending