The Student Room Group

Why the heck would he ask me out on a date if he isn't romantically attracted to me?

So I met this guy, he's 21 and I'm 19. He's never had any experience with girls before, but would compliment me, call me beautiful, and he asked me out on a date to a restaurant. Things went really really, we got along with one another and we clicked. When we used to chill in his flat we would laugh and enjoyed each other's company. We also kissed, and he fingered me. Then afterwards, I noticed he wasn't really texting me but had been online. I questioned him about it then he admitted to not being 'romantically attracted' to me but he does think I'm good looking, to which I responded 'clearly not', and he said 'If I didn't find you attractive I would not have asked you out on a date or carried on our conversations'. He said it genuinely wasn't because of my looks, but I'm just so baffled. How can you not be romantically attracted to someone you think is good looking? And why would you take them on a date?
Give him a chance please, it's not fair on you or him to end it just because confidence suddenly farted out of you

(As you said, he's had no relationship experience so is particularly prone to saying things he shouldn't have said)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Well it's normal to find guys or girls attractive without being romantically interested in them. Probably didn't have an emotional connection with you.
He probably wanted to see how the date goes and whether he did have feelings for you which he don't atleast he was honest.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by chikane
Well it's normal to find guys or girls attractive without being romantically interested in them. Probably didn't have an emotional connection with you.
He probably wanted to see how the date goes and whether he did have feelings for you which he don't atleast he was honest.

I thought we connected well
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I thought we connected well

when you know, you just know, you know?
Original post by swirly
when you know, you just know, you know?

Word
Reply 6
Original post by phunky_fresh
Word

to big bird
Original post by swirly
to big bird

Ya heard!
Perhaps he went on a date with you to determine how he feels.
Reply 9
Original post by phunky_fresh
Ya heard!

aint no thang but a chicken wing
OP I think this is quite common. Many people go on dates to see how it goes and to decide if they do or dont want to see the other person again. Its a shame he only came to this conclusion after some physical activity went on. At least he isn't trying to lead you on here, he's at least let you know the deal.
It's a shame :/
Original post by Anonymous
So I met this guy, he's 21 and I'm 19. He's never had any experience with girls before, but would compliment me, call me beautiful, and he asked me out on a date to a restaurant. Things went really really, we got along with one another and we clicked. When we used to chill in his flat we would laugh and enjoyed each other's company. We also kissed, and he fingered me. Then afterwards, I noticed he wasn't really texting me but had been online. I questioned him about it then he admitted to not being 'romantically attracted' to me but he does think I'm good looking, to which I responded 'clearly not', and he said 'If I didn't find you attractive I would not have asked you out on a date or carried on our conversations'. He said it genuinely wasn't because of my looks, but I'm just so baffled. How can you not be romantically attracted to someone you think is good looking? And why would you take them on a date?

he's scored(with finger but kinda),then on with the next one. We're guys,we want as many as possible
Sad that guys can do this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending