The Student Room Group

Could you be in a long term relationship with a person that makes a minimum wage sala

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
What does that have to do with anything? You sound bitter and obsessed with Kensington. Get over yourself or move there if you want to so bad.

It's not false hope. If you genuinely like someone , money shouldn't be the number issue. The guy I like doesn't work due to health reason but he's from a middle class family,like ours. Family status is kinda important to me and he's well educated so I'm not going to punish him for something he can't change.

I love that you edited your post to add that you think I'm obssesed with kensington.

What does that even mean? :colonhash:
Original post by Diabolus
I love that you edited your post to add that you think I'm obssesed with kensington.

What does that even mean? :colonhash:

You do appear obsessed with Kensington. You don't have to be super rich to live there,I'm sure you can afford a one bedroom flat for yourself in Earl's Court or somewhere along Gloucester Road :h:

What does what mean?
Original post by Foo.mp3
If they had a valid excuse, sure, otherwise, nope. Plenty of time for people down on their luck/pursuing non-pecuniary rewards but not slackjobs

What if you were Working a full time job and were early say like around 30,000 a year and your girlfriend was on a minimum wage jobs but she tells you she wants financial support from you every month or live with you but hardly pays for anything?
Original post by Blue_Mason
How dare you agree to wish such ill thought on another human being.

Do you ever feel embarrassed with yourself?
Any woman in this thread who says yes is a liar.

Good day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like you're just bitter towards women. I am very self-sufficient and wouldn't even want to be financially dependant on a man, I feel guilty when my own parents send me money for Christ's sake. Nowadays many of us are making our own money, there are an increasing number of women who do not care what their partner earns.
Original post by WBZ144
Sounds like you're just bitter towards women. I am very self-sufficient and wouldn't even want to be financially dependant on a man, I feel guilty when my own parents send me money for Christ's sake. Nowadays many of us are making our own money, there are an increasing number of women who do not care what their partner earns.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Again another ad hominem at me, because you know you dont have a valid counter argument. Anyway, to summarise your post what you're basically saying is:

lol, you girls are making this too easy.
(edited 8 years ago)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Again another ad hominem at me, because you know you dont have a valid counter argument. Anyway, to summarise your post what you're basically saying is:

lol, you girls are making this too easy.

So either women are heartless gold diggers for wanting their partners to be rich of are fat if they do not care. Sounds like someone who just hates women either way, makes sense.

Are you one of those bitter "nice guys" by any chance?
(edited 8 years ago)
Quite a few people never earn more than the minimum wage ( or less) because the job they have chosen is in a field where there is no money. It's the work they are doing which is important to them not the money they are earning. ( True for men and women).

There may be little or no correlation between the worth of the job they are doing and the pay they get.
They are after more solid and more important goals and rewards than just money. They seem to lead very happy and fulfilled lives ime.
Original post by WBZ144
So either women are heartless gold diggers for wanting their partners to be rich of are fat if they do not care.

lol wut? Are you sure you're in the right thread? Exaggerating much?

Original post by WBZ144

I am not a "supreme gentleman", no. You probably think I'm just some sad guy who hates women but is really just desperate for their attention, but you couldnt be more wrong.

Now I will bid you adieu, m'lady :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Unless it was just a temporary step in their lives to get somewhere better then no I would not.
Original post by WBZ144
So either women are heartless gold diggers for wanting their partners to be rich of are fat if they do not care. Sounds like someone who just hates women either way, makes sense.

Honestly no point bothering with him. Thinks he comes across far more intelligent and right than he clearly does. Consistently criticises people for ad hominems and not giving a valid counter argument yet does the exact same thing in a lot of his posts.

With one of his posts being "any woman who says yes is a liar". How that is a valid counter argument and not blatantly an insult I'll never know.

Don't give a flying donkeys if he spouts "ad hominem" at me again, I'm making a blatantly obvious observation about him as a user. Complete waste of time and resources, won't bother speaking to him at all.
(edited 8 years ago)
wtf is this???!!!
Original post by SophieSmall
Honestly no point bothering with him. Thinks he comes across far more intelligent and right than he clearly does. Consistently criticises people for ad hominems and not giving a valid counter argument yet does the exact same thing in a lot of his posts.

With one of his posts being "any woman who says yes is a liar". How that is a valid counter argument and not blatantly an insult I'll never know.

Don't give a flying donkeys if he spouts "ad hominem" at me again, I'm making a blatantly obvious observation about him as a user. Complete waste of time and resources, won't bother speaking to him at all.

WHY WOULD YOU SAY SUCH MEAN THINGS?

ALL WHO ENTER BEWARE!

ITT THERE ARE A LOT OF BUTTHURT INDEPENDENT WOMEN WHO DONT NEED NO MAN, SOWING FALSE HOPE TO GUYS ON MINIMUM WAGE

Peace, Im out.
Case and point above. :rolleyes:
as i know my trade is a massive earner and is a easy way into the funny handshakes club
then yes i could live with my partner being on minimum wage even if i will be earning their annual salary every few weeks once i am at the top end of the field
Original post by SophieSmall

You go, girl :sexface:
Idk... I want to be with an intellectual; someone educated who I can have intelligent conversations with and is interested in similar things as me. If they are in a minimum wage job then that probably means they haven't even been to university. It may seem judgemental but having a good education is important to me. Also (assuming i earn a good salary) I would feel weird earning a lot more than my partner. I would want us to be earning roughly the same.

However I'm still in school so I guess by the term I'm an adult in my 20s and actually having proper long-term relationships I may have changed my mind.
Original post by Blue_Mason
that can fit in by sharing the work values

What are these "Work values"?

Define.
Reply 79
Honestly it very much depends on the job and the reasons for being in that job. If it's a stepping stone to something better, or is a job whilst they're trying to find something they actually want to do, then I'd have no issue. If it's (for example) a minimum wage supermarket job because they have no other aspirations, then they're probably not compatible with me personality wise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending