The Student Room Group

Girl making the first move

I mean is it okay? I feel like I always make the first move and idk if it's weird. I mean first move as in ask a guy out for a drink or something.

Also how well do you have to know them for it to be okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Of course it is, more girls should be like you!

P.S. What is with your signature?
Nothing wrong with it at all, I'm also someone who often makes the first move. I think it's great to take the pressure off men for once.
Original post by UWS
Of course it is, more girls should be like you!

P.S. What is with your signature?

It's mesmerising.
I know what I want and I go for it. If the guy is making all the moves in the beginning then it usually means I'm not into him but too polite to say no. Even though my ex was the one ask me out, I was the one who first started talking to him and exchanging contact details cuz i thought he looked like a nice guy.
Rad. It's definitely okay, and its very attractive when a girl is assertive and is the one to make the first move.

If I have to keep making all the first moves or initiating with a girl I lose interest very quickly.
Guys generally like it when you make the first move, but I guess many girls like guys making the first move too. It's fine!
Reply 7
its cliche that guys have to make the first move
It is better for a man to make the first move...
Reply 9
Original post by Legendairy
It is better for a man to make the first move...

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airfairy
Why?

Men take rejection much better than women
I mean is it okay? I feel like I always make the first move and idk if it's weird. I mean first move as in ask a guy out for a drink or something.

Also how well do you have to know them for it to be okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.

Now bend over and take your penance.
Reply 12
Yes its better than ok. I wish more girls would do it, because half the time they're sending mixed messages and I havent a clue what they want. I'd rather they just said so.
Reply 13
Original post by Legendairy
Men take rejection much better than women

Really? The men I know don't at all haha.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
No.

Now bend over and take your penance.

:colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? The men I know don't at all haha.

In general it is the case that men take rejection better than women because men are accustomed to being the ones that make the initial move, where rejection is likely to occur, and hence are better at dealing with it. Probably one of the key reasons that a lot of men will seemingly try their chances with a large number of women is that the chances of one accepting his advances is higher, and this therefore reduces the pain associated with rejection from the rest.
Reply 15
Original post by Smack
In general it is the case that men take rejection better than women because men are accustomed to being the ones that make the initial move, where rejection is likely to occur, and hence are better at dealing with it. Probably one of the key reasons that a lot of men will seemingly try their chances with a large number of women is that the chances of one accepting his advances is higher, and this therefore reduces the pain associated with rejection from the rest.

You make it sound so scientific :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go after what you want. :wink:

That is confident and sexy. :biggrin:

If a guy can't cope with this then he is not worth your time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending