The Student Room Group

How important is sex in your relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Not very important. I've never been a highly sexual person and my boyfriend is quite sexual but we've managed to be in a happy relationship for the last 7 years with no problems regarding the different sex drives. He's not the the most sexually driven person on the planet but compared to me, he is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
Is it a big deal , Is it not? what do you think?

has to come
sooner or later
Original post by fatima1998
people don't now days...
they do for pleasure and when they are sick of it then break up
love is an emotional feeling and sex is the part of the love- it only happens from your heart
you just can't say... ohh she is hot and then trying to ask her out and then after few days sex... nooo that's not a real relationship

Sex means different things to different people. For some, they will only have sex with someone they have a strong emotional connection with, for others, it is simply a physical act for the sake of enjoyment and pleasure. You can't dictate what sex ought to mean to people
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by amelia_lily
It depends upon your partner. If he's willing to wait for the right time (after marriage). Lucky you! :smile:

That's true, some can't wait and would rather know if they're sexually compatible with someone than to be disappointed
Original post by Spock's Socks
Not very important. I've never been a highly sexual person and my boyfriend is quite sexual but we've managed to be in a happy relationship for the last 7 years with no problems regarding the different sex drives. He's not the the most sexually driven person on the planet but compared to me, he is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How were you able to compromise and such? Just wondering
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Sex means different things to different people. For some, they will only have sex with someone they have a strong emotional connection with, for others, it is simply a physical act for the sake of enjoyment and pleasure. You can't dictate what sex ought to mean to people

Fair play , it's just interesting to know what some think :smile:
I would say it's not very important. Not that it affects us in anyway, but that we are highly sexual. It doesn't really matter to me whether it happens or not, because it can be used to better sustain communication between the two. But personally, I'm not in any hurry for it and neither is the person I love :smile:
Very important indeed
Reply 48
It the intimacy and ecstasy that brings the whole thing together..
my left hand loves me very much
Reply 50
I don't find sex to be important, principally because I'm not in a relationship.
Original post by Tom78
I don't find sex to be important, principally because I'm not in a relationship.

So if you were would it still be the same?
Reply 52
So if you were would it still be the same?

I don't do ifs, "if I was a hamster". Come on mate
Original post by murakamami
I would say it's not very important. Not that it affects us in anyway, but that we are highly sexual. It doesn't really matter to me whether it happens or not, because it can be used to better sustain communication between the two. But personally, I'm not in any hurry for it and neither is the person I love :smile:

Aww that's sweet. And good point about use of communication, some can't find the words to express their feelings whereas, they will use other means such as sex to show their love. So I understand your point.
Original post by Tom78
I don't do ifs, "if I was a hamster". Come on mate

Sorry worded it wrong, but I get you .
Original post by Zarek
It the intimacy and ecstasy that brings the whole thing together..

Nicely put...ecstasy is a metaphor right? :P
Aww that's sweet. And good point about use of communication, some can't find the words to express their feelings whereas, they will use other means such as sex to show their love. So I understand your point.

But I think there is a big problem these days. There's a mentality that being in a relationship requires sexual contact; I have friends who are very sexually active ask about whether sex has occurred or not. I would take sex as a final resort for communication, I wouldn't want the person to think the relationship is based upon lust:redface:.
I am not ina relationship, but if I was I don't think it would be that important tbh
Reply 58
If I wanted a friend i'd get a friend, let's just leave it at that.
How were you able to compromise and such? Just wondering

We comprise by doing things other than penetrative sex instead. I don't mind foreplay and oral, I'm just not a fan of full blown sex so we do things like that most of the time instead and if I'm not in the mood for anything then he has a Felshlight toy but tbh, he rarely uses it and I have a toy too and sometimes we use that together or I just do. Its not been hard to comprise tbh as companionship was always the biggest part of our relationship than sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending